Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help!! My laptop is driving me crazy.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I have 2 problems at the moment that are driving me mad.

Wireless printer is connected to router and laptop ditto. However the laptop does not recognise the printer. Cannot be found under devices and printers but is a desktop icon and everything says is connected ok but is not. Any suggestions? Strangely I can print a test page from laptop but not email or documents etc.

Secondly my Excel and Word have disappeared and converted all my downloads into adobe or other things. Can't get back whatever I try and annoyingly think I will have to purchase again as I need to get on with some urgent work. Any suggestions?

:glare:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Wireless printer is connected to router and laptop ditto. However the laptop does not recognise the printer. Cannot be found under devices and printers but is a desktop icon and everything says is connected ok but is not. Any suggestions? Strangely I can print a test page from laptop but not email or documents etc.

Secondly my Excel and Word have disappeared and converted all my downloads into adobe or other things. Can't get back whatever I try and annoyingly think I will have to purchase again as I need to get on with some urgent work. Any suggestions?

Been on any streams lately?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Have you tried opening the Excel docs in Google Sheets and then re-save as an xlsx file? Can probably try the same with Word.

https://www.google.co.uk/sheets/about/ and then blank worksheet and then File-Open and then upload and select the file.

Edit - if the Word or Excel files are too complex and you lose some detail then try OpenOffice. It's a freeware version of MS Office but is highly stable, highly recommended.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When you say you've 'lost' Excel, do you mean that the programs are no longer on your PC? Got to start bar and type Excel and see if it comes up. If so then it's just a file association issue. You can open Excel and then open the files from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here