Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mobile network coverage advice needed

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's renewal time and I'm looking to leave o2 as their 'deals' are absolutely awful, however having been with them for about 15 years I have no idea how good the coverage is on EE, Vodafone etc. I've had a go on their sites to see how much coverage they have and they all seem good but I'd appreciate some advice from actual users of the networks. I'm in the Shoreham/Southwick area. Cheers.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It's renewal time and I'm looking to leave o2 as their 'deals' are absolutely awful, however having been with them for about 15 years I have no idea how good the coverage is on EE, Vodafone etc. I've had a go on their sites to see how much coverage they have and they all seem good but I'd appreciate some advice from actual users of the networks. I'm in the Shoreham/Southwick area. Cheers.

EE has excellent 4g coverage in Shoreham

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah ! Had a few issues at xmas when 4g network was down in Worthing for 2 months, I rang them and they credited my account by £20 ! I've got iPhone 6s unlimited texts and calls and 20 gb of data, was no upfront cost and I pay £55 a month

Ok, have you had any other network issues other than that?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Buy a cheap phone or a sim card and test the signal

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I have a contract with O2 that was up for renewal 2 weeks ago. Their initial offer was nothing special so I told them no thanks. Within an hour I was called back and the offer they gave me was very acceptable so signed up again. In addition they gave me access to an app called 'Tu Go' which uses your wifi to make & receive calls. I don't think this app is available to all customers. It works really well and my main issue with O2 has been poor reception for making calls but this solved that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
in my experience steer clear of Vodafone - dreadful customer service (when they can understand what you are saying)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Making calls i would stick with O2 all day. Found there signal more reliable than 3.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
in my experience steer clear of Vodafone - dreadful customer service (when they can understand what you are saying)

Amen to that. They're not the most complained about telecoms company for nothing.

They changed their computer system recently, and now every month my direct debit to pay the bill fails. Rather than try and help, their only course of action is to cut the phone off and threaten to send bailiffs round.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All best of a bad bunch in my opinion. I now fix on pay monthly deals with 1 month notice period

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amen to that. They're not the most complained about telecoms company for nothing.

They changed their computer system recently, and now every month my direct debit to pay the bill fails. Rather than try and help, their only course of action is to cut the phone off and threaten to send bailiffs round.

Actually EE just topped the ofcom charts for worst customer service

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

See it;s funny and this applies across a vast spectrum of services but i find the the complete opposite,16 years with Vodafone,now i won't lie and say it;s not been without some bumps along the way,but nowadays they seem to bend over backwards to help me... very happy with them,still they have to continue with service levels or i can still walk..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Its like when someone asks about broadband. Some have good experiences, some bad.

It's what works for you!

I think the shops give you 'x' number of days to cancel the contract if it doesn't work out for you. They just charge for 'services' used in the period that you had the phone/sim for.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
See it;s funny and this applies across a vast spectrum of services but i find the the complete opposite,16 years with Vodafone,now i won't lie and say it;s not been without some bumps along the way,but nowadays they seem to bend over backwards to help me... very happy with them,still they have to continue with service levels or i can still walk..

genuine question. When you have had to contact Vodafone do you phone, text, email or live chat? I've found that phoning is a nightmare - queuing, being transferred and having security details checked again/re explaining and still no success. Live chats makes loads of promises and keeps apologising but nothing gets done. Sometime it drives me so mad I feel like chucking my phone a the TV. I feel drained after a call with them. Now I cant access my account without being sent a PIN by text that only arrives when we can get a signal, usually after the 20 minute timeout

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have a contract with O2 that was up for renewal 2 weeks ago. Their initial offer was nothing special so I told them no thanks. Within an hour I was called back and the offer they gave me was very acceptable so signed up again. In addition they gave me access to an app called 'Tu Go' which uses your wifi to make & receive calls. I don't think this app is available to all customers. It works really well and my main issue with O2 has been poor reception for making calls but this solved that.

I've been with o2 for years but their deals are just poor in my opinion, I've tried on various occasions to levy a bit of a deal but they weren't interested. If they were willing to match EE, GiffGaff etc I'd happily stay as I've never had an issue, but their tariffs are more expensive for less data? :(

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Actually EE just topped the ofcom charts for worst customer service

Actually it was Giffguff.

Another vote here for Three, I've been on a reasonable pay monthly contract for nearly a year and haven't had any problems. £11 gets me 2GB of data, unlimited texts and two hundred voice minutes (which I never come close to using). Easy to understand bill, haven't had any issues...yet...touch wood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here