Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus replacement services

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Has anybody ever had their rail ticket checked ? I never have done, so now I don't even bother buying a ticket ! Free travel !

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
A friend of mine works for B&H Buses and he does the rail replacement buses on overtime. He said that it is up to the rail companies to provide someone to check the tickets of anyone boarding the bus because the bus drivers aren't qualified to know what counts as a valid ticket.

From the bus company's point of view, they are being paid for providing a vehicle and a driver. They get nothing from any fares revenue ( which all belongs to the train operating company). So there's no value to be had for the bus company in checking tickets. The train operator should, of course, take a different view.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No FIRST class bus arrived yesterday to take me to Brighton, I have contacted my MP

D

Deleted User X18H

No FIRST class bus arrived yesterday to take me to Brighton, I have contacted my MP

I hope you don't have the same MP as me. She'll be far too busy jumping on the 'Brighton Seagulls' bandwagon next week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This. You're paying the same amount for a significantly inferior service.

Should that not be superior service: no points failure, no signalling issues, no bridge strike, no tresspassers on track, no wrong type of snow rain sun ir leaves on the line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here