Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's strange...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps many of you already do and think this already....but
This season is the very first year that when we have been involved in a promotion battle that i have not even remotely considered what we are trying to achieve.

Allow me to explain.....In every other promotion battle over the years i have always projected my thoughts in the quieter moments,often the moments after games and during non match days of imagining Albion playing the better teams of the higher division,the thoughts of those said teams fans coming to our matches,the increase in revenue,the increase in media exposure the club will get,how it will look good seeing our club in any table that is produced and seeing our name alongside the other teams and so forth..

However this year,And i cannot ever remember doing this,But this season i for example have not even imagined the likes of or Man City, Southampton or (sorry two club fans but i will not give your other half a mention- :lol: ) coming here or even looking at a Premier table with Albion in it..

Now some people will say,well "That is because you will not be going up"..
I could argue that,for me personally i have (apart from Swansea 1981.....on the East terrace aged 8) never recalled this scenario...

Probably not worth starting a thread over,but so single minded are my thoughts in finishing above Boro and Burnley,it seems that all that matters is just that...

Maybe i would feel different in a Play Off final scenario...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's strange... the number of rambling incoherent promotion-related threads that have started popping up lately. I don't think I can take much more of this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This season is the very first year that when we have been involved in a promotion battle that i have not even remotely considered what we are trying to achieve.

Allow me to explain.....In every other promotion battle over the years i have always projected my thoughts in the quieter moments,often the moments after games and during non match days of imagining Albion playing the better teams of the higher division,the thoughts of those said teams fans coming to our matches,the increase in revenue,the increase in media exposure the club will get,how it will look good seeing our club in any table that is produced and seeing our name alongside the other teams and so forth..

However this year,And i cannot ever remember doing this,But this season i for example have not even imagined the likes of or Man City, Southampton or (sorry two club fans but i will not give your other half a mention- :lol: ) coming here or even looking at a Premier table with Albion in it..

I could argue that,for me personally i have (apart from Swansea 1981.....on the East terrace aged 8) never recalled this scenario...

Probably not worth starting a thread over,but so single minded are my thoughts in finishing above Boro and Burnley,it seems that all that matters is just that...

Funnily enough this occurred to me the other day. My focus isn't on dreaming of big games in the premier league and more on where this absorbing race to the end will finish.

I assumed that it was because the finish is so tense and on a knife edge that one doesn't dare take one's eyes off it to consider anything else.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I'm 100 percent the same. We are closer then ever before but I just won't think about it. I think I got over excited by the last two times we reached the play offs to even consider what it would be like if we made this time. I want us to go up, to a point when I'm not at the game my nerves can't cope with the not being able to see what's going on. I checked on here at 5pm yesterday the game should have finished to see what happend, I almost puked to find it was 1-2 and still 5 mins of added on time to play, and when some typed "pen" with no indication to who, time seemed to stop.

But until it happens I will not think of us as anything but play championship football, and that does not seem so bad, we have the Villa, possibly Newcastle and Wigan look like joining again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't understand why a few have to be all upperhand and berate someone's views based on the grammar. You really need to look at yourselves.
[MENTION=19232]GoldWithFalmer[/MENTION], I understand what you are saying and yes, I have not had a thought about who we may be playing next season either, Along with most I have been caught up in the filthy luker (sp?) we will be receiving.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not speculating on who we'll be playing next season, because we don't know yet.

Same as I'm not speculating about the playoffs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are you drunk?

very often i have been known to be,but was stone cold sober posting that.. :lolol: if not a little crazy

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't understand why a few have to be all upperhand and berate someone's views based on the grammar. You really need to look at yourselves.
[MENTION=19232]GoldWithFalmer[/MENTION], I understand what you are saying and yes, I have not had a thought about who we may be playing next season either, Along with most I have been caught up in the filthy luker (sp?) we will be receiving.

Thanks [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here