Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 70 goals

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The signing Skalak and Knocky have been clearly been the catalysts along with the return to form of Hemed, but can they keep it going for just two more games ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The main point is as a team we have started scoring more freely,from many area's and this is a good thing and exactly how it should be...............but imagine if we had Leonardo now?............. would we be on the beach already so to speak..perhaps we could have scored nearly 100?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
back of my mind somewhere goals scored come into play if teams are tied on points and goal difference

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The good thing is we are not reliant on one goal scorer now because we have options all over the pitch, so if a team set up to stop one another 3 or 4 can step up. We are looking very good now and we are the team to avoid

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Its is great that we have scored 70 goals and spread around the team but just think if we hadn't conceded late on away at Bolton, Derby and QPR and at home to Burnley. But hey ho no good crying over split milk it has still been a phenomenal season with two massive games to come! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLS!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Its is great that we have scored 70 goals and spread around the team but just think if we hadn't conceded late on away at Bolton, Derby and QPR and at home to Burnley. But hey ho no good crying over split milk it has still been a phenomenal season with two massive games to come! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLS!

:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The signing Skalak and Knocky have been clearly been the catalysts along with the return to form of Hemed, but can they keep it going for just two more games ???
I'm not sure Tomer has 'returned' to form.
Your right that it's no coincidence that the team has kicked on since January.
But it's been that injection that has played into Tomer's game.

He doesn't seem to be doing much different now than even in his darkest of dark days.
Only now he's getting more chances, his shots/goals ratio isn't so important.
The centre half's have more to think about, giving Tomer more space to play in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure Tomer has 'returned' to form.
Your right that it's no coincidence that the team has kicked on since January.
But it's been that injection that has played into Tomer's game.

He doesn't seem to be doing much different now than even in his darkest of dark days.
Only now he's getting more chances, his shots/goals ratio isn't so important.
The centre half's have more to think about, giving Tomer more space to play in.

Have to disagree, I thought he was rubbish over the middle part of the season, slow, lacking in ball control and generally a bit shit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have to disagree, I thought he was rubbish over the middle part of the season, slow, lacking in ball control and generally a bit shit
I'll be happy to negotiate down, just not that far. :smile:

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona

Knocks is great and has pure class. Skalak has started to show his potential, makes teams hold off from challenging players in their own half as he has a killer delivery.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
70 goals is impressive, but we haven't played anyone GOOD yet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The best part is we now have options when looking for that final pass. The two/three widemen in form look happy to take on shots as do Hemed/Baldock/Wilson et al.

It's a stunning return to attacking non dull football.

And we also have both Skalak and Murphy that can take the no.9 mantle if needed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
39 goals in the 19 games since the transfer window opened. Not bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here