Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on Rosenior?

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I would be very worried if we had to rely on Bong against Derby....he looked petrified yesterday. Did he actually complete a pass (to one of our players?). Maybe it was nerves, or just rusty....but he was a real liability.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton says nothing to worry about.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bong was awful when he came on yesterday. Worse than Bruno in the first half against QPR, he was that bad. I wasn't too worried about Rosenior's injury as he went off quite sprightly and didn't have too much physio on the pitch before then. Glad to hear it's minor.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Sadly bong is way off the pace from yesterday's showing. He looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season. Hopefully he will be back to full power next season. What a signing Rosenior has been. Can cover so many positions. Without him we would not be still in contention with two games left.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep was going to post about Bong but thought better of it. He was poor when he came on against Burnley and put us under pressure and worse yesterday. Appears to have lost all ability. Couldn't tackle, pass or anything

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think if needed Bong will be ok if he starts and gets the chance to play himself in just showing a bit of lack of game time.

There is a reason defences are not normally changed over a game (or indeed season) if possible. Very difficult to come on as a sub when a defender. As BG rightly states, Bong would be fine if he starts but he'll also agree that Rosenior has the shirt and is first choice currently.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Glad he's gonna be ok.Has played his part in this season very well,but pretty much un-remarked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eh ? Did I just read that ??

Ben's Grandad in 'Don't worry about the left back situation, it's fine' shocker.................

Quite simple he is the best left back at the club and will be back to his best when he starts. As has been said LR has the shirt and is doing well so leave him in. My earlier beef was with the fact that we carried Chicksen on the payroll and had no intention of either playing him or replacing him when we needed a left back and didnt get one for whatever reason until we had a bad a run and lost 5 games in 9 taking 6 points out of 27. We are now in a better position as regards left back and or right back if needed.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a reason defences are not normally changed over a game (or indeed season) if possible. Very difficult to come on as a sub when a defender. As BG rightly states, Bong would be fine if he starts but he'll also agree that Rosenior has the shirt and is first choice currently.

Gerry Ryan did OK. :moo:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yep was going to post about Bong but thought better of it. He was poor when he came on against Burnley and put us under pressure and worse yesterday. Appears to have lost all ability. Couldn't tackle, pass or anything

Not too dissimilar to his performance in the dying minutes in burnley game, handing possession away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here