Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley away at Charlton last game

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Today gave me some hope that its not a guaranteed 3 points there for Burnley in 2wks

Charlton are no mugs especially with the guy who scored today and Lookman.

Plus with certainly more protests we can still but hope they can do a job on Burnely last game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Today gave me some hope that its not a guaranteed 3 points there for Burnley in 2wks

Plus with certainly more protests we can still but hope they can do a job on Burnely last game

All those not going to Bro should be attending this one...in the home end!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes - I was very surprised how good Charlton looked - quick going forward, and lots of neat interplay. Just didn't have much of a killer punch. All in all, though, it is HIGHLY unlikely they will beat Burnley.

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
I go quite regularly. If Sanogo is fit with lookman them there is a chance for a point. I think the protests will be bigger too because of the TV rights. That might really throw Burnley with the pressure of the day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Straws, clutching at, I fear.

Still, if we win our next two, we'll be up anyway.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Forgive me, but have Charlton Athletic suddenly turned a corner ?

I cannot see beyond a straight forward away win. I rather consider Burnley to be as good as promoted- and wanting to seal the Championship.

Although I can take as many 'I told you so's' as come if this turns out not to be the case.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not straw clutching at all.

We have our fully fit team playing extremely well - and yet if that Charlton player had kept his sweetly struck half volley under the bar near the end then we could easily have been held to a point today.

I thought it was really noticeable that the motivation thing is not a problem. Players seem to have sufficient intrinsic motivation to play their best and an instinct to fight.

Burnley will be odds on to win but it is far from certain that they do.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Last chance charlton will have to make a more serious protest - as in pitch invasion and bending the bar in half ... If that game gets abandoned on the last day it will cause havoc and certainly spread the story nationwide!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The referees must want Burnley in the Premier or otherwise Barton would have been sent off and suspended. If you stop Barton you stop Burnley who are a very 1 dimensional route one team.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I posted this on another thread but FWIW: Charlton players have been told to be on call until (ie not book any holiday before) May 13th. Apparently the new Football League rule (introduced for this season after the abandonment of Blackpool v Huddersfield on the last day last season) is that if our game v Burnley *is* abandoned, it will have to be replayed behind closed doors within six days. It probably won't come to that, but it seems that's the rule (rather than the result standing or automatic 3-0 win to opponents) now. Several Charlton fans were told this by senior players at shirt sponsors dinner this week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I posted this on another thread but FWIW: Charlton players have been told to be on call until (ie not book any holiday before) May 13th. Apparently the new Football League rule (introduced for this season after the abandonment of Blackpool v Huddersfield on the last day last season) is that if our game v Burnley *is* abandoned, it will have to be replayed behind closed doors within six days. It probably won't come to that, but it seems that's the rule (rather than the result standing or automatic 3-0 win to opponents) now. Several Charlton fans were told this by senior players at shirt sponsors dinner this week.

If the FL had any balls they would have said if there was any disruption today the last game would be played behind closed doors and so forth for any games that are disrupted the next game played behind closed doors.

Can I make this perfectly clear this is not against fans protesting but IMHO the FL should say this is what will happen so demonstrate in some way that doesn't affect the playing of the game stay away or until halftime or whatever but do not disrupt the game,

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
If the FL had any balls they would have said if there was any disruption today the last game would be played behind closed doors and so forth for any games that are disrupted the next game played behind closed doors.

Can I make this perfectly clear this is not against fans protesting but IMHO the FL should say this is what will happen so demonstrate in some way that doesn't affect the playing of the game stay away or until halftime or whatever but do not disrupt the game,

So you'd have preferred today's game to have taken place behind closed doors (as it would have done under your plan given the similar beach ball stoppages in our preceding games)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here