Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How about taking our 'friendship' with Charlton a step further.....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Following today's 'love in' at The Valley - I wondered about wether there would be a case for taking our friendship a bit further.

I read recently about the most unknown cup competition in the world and it turned out to be this....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Trophy

Nothing major to do other than buy a trophy. Next time we play Charlton, and every time after that, the winner gets the cup!

Ok - we may not now play them for a while but I wondered if it would be a nice thing to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Three team competition, Brighton, Charlton and Plymouth.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought this involved leaving the Amex by the busload to go to the Valley and fill up the home end next monday....

But with regards to the idea,it could be called the "Richard Vaughan" trophy? sounds good to me..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is getting PATHETIC , how about just support our OWN club ?

2 clubs is good enough for the plastics,the UBERS want 4....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This is getting PATHETIC , how about just support our OWN club ?

If others did that, our plight all those years ago may have gone unnoticed. There's nothing wrong with helping a club in need, football is a community.

Charlton need to be fighting their own battles at the moment. By all means wish them well in their struggle, but this isn't the time to go steaming in with a distraction like this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im still at a loss to understand why they consider their situation so desperate. it seems to me little more than poor decisions by the owner, but none that dont afflict other clubs. not like they are facing bankruptcy, ground selloff, expulsion or anything like that. the fans just dont like the owner.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
im still at a loss to understand why they consider their situation so desperate. it seems to me little more than poor decisions by the owner, but none that dont afflict other clubs. not like they are facing bankruptcy, ground selloff, expulsion or anything like that. the fans just dont like the owner.

Owner loading debt onto a club and charging interest I believe. Sounds familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Maybe their fans should demand that Curbishley is reinstated. Oh no, he wasn't good enough.......

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Maybe we could cement the relationship by looking after Lookman for them?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Has he sold the ground and arranged a groundshare at Oxford ?

No, but he has decided none of the trains to Charlton need guards. Is that good enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here