Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Why take them off sale? With the good possibility we could be playing Premier League football next season, demand right now must be massive, and we could potentially sell out before the season ends. If we go up, of course the demand will be even higher, and so the club will put the prices up, but the extra few quid isn't going to make much difference in the context of the Premier League riches. If we remain in the Championship, the extra revenue and support we receive from those extra season ticket sales could be really important next season. Casual football fans are very fickle - a lot of them won't have the same desire to purchase a season ticket if we don't go up.

Doesn't make a whole load of sense to me.

Jan 30, 2008
Why take them off sale? With the good possibility we could be playing Premier League football next season, demand right now must be massive, and we could potentially sell out before the season ends. If we go up, of course the demand will be even higher, and so the club will put the prices up, but the extra few quid isn't going to make much difference in the context of the Premier League riches. If we remain in the Championship, the extra revenue and support we receive from those extra season ticket sales could be really important next season. Casual football fans are very fickle - a lot of them won't have the same desire to purchase a season ticket if we don't go up.

yeah just as fickle as season ticket holders who pick and choose which games they attend???
regards
DR

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If we go up then I lose hours at work as will be getting a season ticket and forking out for every home and away games travel, if we stay down I keep the hours at work and therefore earn more money, will still go to the majority of games next season (only missed 4 away games this season so far) but without a season ticket.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Agree. And open up the ticket exchange so that casual buyers get a chance. And the stadium is really full trarher than pretend

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:)I've saved thousands of pounds and enjoy listening to radio Sussex and watching the odd game on SKy and and a few beers in town as and when :)
regards
DR

Saved thousands of pounds? Bit of a hollow statement surely? You're not saving money by being financially savvy, you've missed some cracking matches and some brilliant memories?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I assume that they want to retain a number of seats for people who are unable to afford or commit to a season ticket. If you sell out your ground to all season ticket holders you are stopping newer fans coming into the club, It is looking further ahead than the current situation,

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I assume that they want to retain a number of seats for people who are unable to afford or commit to a season ticket. If you sell out your ground to all season ticket holders you are stopping newer fans coming into the club, It is looking further ahead than the current situation,

A fair point if they hadn't already said there would be a further sales period once the season is completed

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

No, it has not got to that stage yet. I'm not counting the tickets that they will hold back for match-to-match sales. They have taken the season tickets off sale and stated they will put them back on sale when it's determined what division we'll be playing in next season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Makes complete sense to me to take ST off sale for now and charge the glory hunters a stonking great premium if we are fortunate enough to get promoted. Market forces and all that, especially as the glory hunters won't want to know if we're still playing in the Championship next season.

D

Deleted User X18H

Makes complete sense to me to take ST off sale for now and charge the glory hunters a stonking great premium if we are fortunate enough to get promoted. Market forces and all that, especially as the glory hunters won't want to know if we're still playing in the Championship next season.
What difference between a glory hunter and a Johnny come lately ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, it has not got to that stage yet. I'm not counting the tickets that they will hold back for match-to-match sales. They have taken the season tickets off sale and stated they will put them back on sale when it's determined what division we'll be playing in next season.

Didn't realise they were doing that, I Tune out after renewing mine

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There may be different rules as to how many seats you need to leave for matchday purchase in the PL and FL.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There may be different rules as to how many seats you need to leave for matchday purchase in the PL and FL.

It appears to be a commercial decision. They have said they are waiting to see what division we are in before putting the tickets back one sale. They will go back on sale irrespective of what division we are in, once that is known.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
:)I've saved thousands of pounds and enjoy listening to radio Sussex and watching the odd game on SKy and and a few beers in town as and when :)
regards
DR

Well if we get to the premier, there will be a lot more Brighton supporters who watch us on TV and in pubs but never go to matches, so you won't feel so lonely :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here