Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Charlton (A)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 7 - very routine. Little to do except pick the ball out of the net. Could do nothing about the goal
Bruno - 7 - given a couple of nervy moments early on by Lookman but won out
Rosenior - 7 - classy as ever. Gutted he's injured
Goldson - 8 - marked up as I THINK he got the assist for the first
Dunk - 8 - quality. Found some real form again
Kayal - 8 - busy and instrumental in Skalak's goal
Stephens - 8 - looked really up for it today. Put himself about
Skalak - 8.5 - My MOTM, just shading out some others. Incredible crosses all afternoon including one that led to the first and a great finish for the second.
AK - 7 - contrary to popular belief, not better than Ozil today. Quieter than in recent games but still had a decent shot saved and won a pen.
Hemed - 7 - great work rate as ever and a cooler taken pen.
Baldock - 8 - tireless running (until he tired!), good finish for the first and would have scored a couple more if he was a better finisher

Bong - 5 - understandably miles off the pace today
Sidwell - 6 - little impact

Ps reviewed from a terrible second row view!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From TV:

Stockdale 7- Didn't have a lot to do.

Bruno 6 first half 7 second half= 6.5- bit shaky again in the first half but regained composure in the second
Dunk 8- Composed and assured as ever.
Goldson 8- As above
Rosenior 7- Another decent showing. Hope his injury isn't serious..

Skalak 8- Wonderful finish and some fantastic crosses. Very promising player.
Kayal 8- Battled hard as ever and produced a great assist.
Stephens 8.5- Seems to have overcome his brief dip in form, really impressive today.
Knockaert 6.5- Doesn't seem as effective away from home, didn't get involved too much. Did well to win the penalty.

Hemed 7- Great work rate, should've netted the rebound from the corner and perhaps the cross from Skalak second half. Very cool penalty.
Baldock 7.5- Worked really hard and caused massive problems for their defence all game but could've done better on two occasions in front of goal. The side is better with him in it IMO.

Bong 5- Clearly not match fit, understandably.
Sidwell 6- Standard.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Dunk 8
Goldson 7
Rosenior 7.5
Skalak 7.5
Kayal 8
Stephens 8.5
Knockaert 6.5
Hemed 6.5
Baldock 7

Bong 5.5
Sidwell 6
Murphy 6.5

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can I add that I thought the referee was decent today.Are there two Simon Hoopers?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Rosenoir 5 - bad error for the goal, all over place in first half
Dunk 7
Goldson 7
Knockaert 7
Kayal 8
Stephens 7.5
Skalak 7
Baldock 6.5
Hemed 6.5

Bong 6
Sidwell N/A
Murphy N/A

Thought we were poor for long periods today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliemulgrew21

Feb 8, 2015
Thought I'd pop by to check to see how well Kayal is doing with you boys. Seems to be getting rave reviews on twitter.

Good luck for the run in.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Did nothing wrong
Bruno 6 OK hope he gets back to best in next 2 games
Dunk 8 Outstanding
Goldson 8 Ditto
Rosenior 7 Good game
Kayal 8 Outstanding
Stevens 9 Fantastic end to season
Skalak 8 Apart from assist and fantastic strike for goal did very little but so what.
Hemed 7 Marked up point because of penalty but poor and should take more of his chances
Baldock 7 Again marked up because of goal and should also take more of his chances.
Knockhaert 6 Never in game until a bit of magic for penalty. Surprised not taken of instead of Shalak

We are top scorers in league so reluctant to say our weakness is upfront. However what a side we would be if we had Foresteiri, Kodji, for eg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Thought I'd pop by to check to see how well Kayal is doing with you boys. Seems to be getting rave reviews on twitter.

Good luck for the run in.
Celtic? Yep, he could have done well against the new rangers last weekend. Thanks for the bargain, and good luck for a new manager

I am a celtic/ brighton fan by the way:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6.5
Rosenoir 6
Dunk 7.5
Goldson 7.5
Knockaert 7
Kayal 8
Stephens 8.5 MOTM. Never seen him put so many cracking tackles in.
Skalak 7
Baldock 7
Hemed 6.5

Bong 5 - still a way off his early season form
Sidwell N/A
Murphy N/A

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Stockdale - 7 - didn't notice him to put a foot wrong, other than launch too many goalkicks toward the head of the uncannily small Baldock, but fortunate to have been less tested against a side that might have grasped a little more had they had firepower up front.
Bruno - 7 - seemed to have to play more defensive-minded, a mindset, to me, that isn't natural to him, but i thought he did alright. I miss him when he can't stroke balls around to perfection.
Dunk - 8 - had to be strong when necessary and position himself well throughout. His partnership with Goldson has been excellent to watch develop.
Goldson - 8 - on a par with Dunk. Still learning his trade, but his mentality, not losing his head during his step up to a bigger league and better opponents, is superb.
Rosenior - 5 - by far the worst performance i have seen him give. Something seemed out of place with him, his touch and energy not as it usually is, so i wonder if the back spasm was the end result of something just not being right. Hope he's back and fit for next week.
Kayal - 8.5 - just a brilliant player, getting better and better all the time. His long-ball play needs some work, and a few more goals would be helpful, but his ability to create space for himself with a squirm or a wriggle is brilliant. His energy levels too and attitude too.
Stephens - 9 - Man of the match performance there. Seems to know the slipperiness of the pitch perfectly, using it to slide whenever necessary and getting a foot in. Didn't stop and his strength and neat touches were at the centre of our game. Hope he keeps that form at that level. Great stuff.
Knockaert - 7.5 - loves to strip and pose for the fans, but has the skill to back up that exhibitionism. A great little ball player who can change a game. Nice to see too that you can, at the end of game, use up quite a bit of time by attacking, and winning a penalty, rather than just hiding by the corner flag.
Skalak - 7 - a glorious finish and a couple of brilliant crosses, but has some work to do to keep possession and understand the team's movement, but that will come.
Hemed - 7 - worked hard and slotted home that penalty that brings our goal difference a little closer to our rivals. I feel for him when a midfielder forgets who they are passing to and plays it ahead of him, imagining he'll out-sprint any defender. With the ball to his feet though, a slick and sly devil.
Baldock - 7 - worked hard as per usual and glad to see him bag a goal. Should have taken at least one more though, and i hope his eye for goal fully returns, after quite a while away, for this last push. Could be heroic.
The Albion Fans - 10 - an afternoon of constant song, for us and for the Charlton cause. I hope our brief support let them know they were not fully alone in wanting change. Emotional at times to be a part of.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7 -- couple of good saves
Bruno 6.5 -- not helped by the pitch, but adapted to it
Goldson 7.5 -- solid as ever
Dunk 7.5 -- ditto
Rosenior 5 -- well below par
Knockaert 6 -- he's saving his away performance for the last game of the season
Kayal 7.5 -- tidy, dominating and good set-up play for the goal
Stephens 9 MotM -- his best performance for us? Certainly defensively it was
Skalak 7.5 -- stunning finish, obligatory set-piece assist, and great work rate
Hemed 7 -- good strength and good on the ball, calm penalty
Baldock 7 -- got a goal, but should have had at least another

Subs:
Bong 4.5 -- all over the place, I hope it's that he's not fit
Sidwell 7 -- solid
Murphy n/a, but one good run

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Rosenoir 5 - bad error for the goal, all over place in first half
Dunk 7
Goldson 7
Knockaert 7
Kayal 8
Stephens 7.5
Skalak 7
Baldock 6.5
Hemed 6.5

Bong 6
Sidwell N/A
Murphy N/A

Thought we were poor for long periods today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This I really like Rosenior but thought he was out of sorts before he went off. I wondered if he was struggling before being substituted as he normally is s class act. We had a very mediocre game apart from a great 10 minute spell when we looked like we could score a hatful. General job well done tho

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here