Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Louis van Gaal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Amusing and rather unnecessary whinge at the end of the semi final. He really is a typical United manager with his moaning at refs, even when they've just stolen a win in injury time.

Good 2nd half though.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I dislike van Gaal because of his general rudeness, unjustified arrogance and instances like you just mentioned. However, I'm split whether to root for him or not, because he gives a whole load of young English players a chance that other managers do not. If Mourinho becomes the next United manager don't expect to see the same sort of players given a chance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
New manager for Oranje. Glad to see him back in football.

Wonder what happens with the competition he was part of though. Apparently he was going to coach a team in the Dutch second division for one game, with a competition winning fan acting as his assistant. Hope thats still on.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
New manager for Oranje. Glad to see him back in football.

Wonder what happens with the competition he was part of though. Apparently he was going to coach a team in the Dutch second division for one game, with a competition winning fan acting as his assistant. Hope thats still on.

Trump's their biggest supporter, he always wears a coat of Netherlands face paint.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This mighty fine man.

Decided that all of the Dutch players should train in the kits of their very first amateur teams, to remember where they came from. Kjell Scherpen is training in his vv Emmen kit.

Lovely idea I have to say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, that’s bounce!

Stupid idea, only a Dutchman, or maybe a Swede :lolol:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This mighty fine man.

Decided that all of the Dutch players should train in the kits of their very first amateur teams, to remember where they came from. Kjell Scherpen is training in his vv Emmen kit.

Lovely idea I have to say.

Reminds of the litter picking that Bielsa had the Leeds squad doing when they were in the Champ. I love stuff like that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reminds of the litter picking that Bielsa had the Leeds squad doing when they were in the Champ. I love stuff like that.

Yeah, not far from some of the things GP did with his Östersund squad as well.

The cultural projects, but also before their cup final he gathered letters from parents/grandparents/friends to all of his players, describing how proud they were over them, and put them at their locker room places as a reminder about how far they had come and what they were fighting for.

Obviously they destroyed the opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWRXhW6SihU

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why isn't Van Gaaaaal picking Joel?

Its a good question.

Journalists asked him in November, when Jurrien Timber got injured, why LVG decided to call some 18 year old substitute from Ajax rather than Veltman or Karsdorp (Roma) and LVG answered he didn't want to "shake the squad".

Not sure what it is about really. LVG gave Joel his national team debut some 10 years ago so you'd imagine they have a decent relation. But maybe the reason why Joel is left out is the same reason he got his debut - he threw out a bunch of older defenders (Mathijsen, Boulahrouz, Bouma etc) and brought in unproven players, often from the Dutch league, like Veltman, Kongolo, Martins Indi and a few others.

Similar thing now and I don't think Joel got great chances to play for Oranje again but we'll see when Koeman takes over from van Gaal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here