Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it really a good thing that Boro did not win?

L

litmanen

I know that many people totally disagree, but i can't help being really sad about todays results, because the results now mean two things:

1. Brighton can not secure promotion at the last home game against Derby. It would have been so great to secure the long waited promotion in front of 30 000 people at the Amex. Im sure that i am not the only one who has been dreaming that if the promotion happens one day....it will either happen at a sold out Wembley or sold out Amex Stadium. Now it might happen at Riverside Stadium in front of a few hundred Brighton-fans, and the Brighton-fans are even placed so that no cameras are able to record the celebrations if Brighton scores.......we only see Boro-fans behind the goal, no matter in which end the goals will come. Okay, this last thing is not the most important thing in the world, but let's remember that promotion-moment is a moment that we wan't to watch from video even years after...........we want everything to be perfect when the promotion happens. I know that it difficult to wish that Brighton would lose against Boro......but i also know that winning at Wembley would be something totally different than winning at the Riverside Stadium.

2. The second best scenario after Brighton securing promotion home against Derby would have been that Boro would already have secured their promotion before the last game, so that there would not be a need for any pitch invasion at the Riverside Stadium against Brighton, and that only Brighton and Burnley would have been fighting for that second promotion place during the last round......but the 0-0 game against Ipswich now means that Boro can not secure their promotion before the Brighton-game, and that means that all the Brighton-fans who travel to Middlesbrough might have to see Boro making history and Boro-fans making a pitch invasion after the game.

All you who now reply that my points are stupid...........don't go berserk when the Boro pitch invasion happens. I just wanted us to avoid that.....but now it's very close.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I know that many people totally disagree, but i can't help being really sad about todays results, because the results now mean two things:

1. Brighton can not secure promotion at the last home game against Derby. It would have been so great to secure the long waited promotion in front of 30 000 people at the Amex. Im sure that i am not the only one who has been dreaming that if the promotion happens one day....it will either happen at a sold out Wembley or sold out Amex Stadium. Now it might happen at Riverside Stadium in front of a few hundred Brighton-fans,
Haven't we sold like, 2,500 tickets?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

1. Brighton can not secure promotion at the last home game against Derby. It would have been so great to secure the long waited promotion in front of 30 000 people at the Amex. Im sure that i am not the only one who has been dreaming that if the promotion happens one day....it will either happen at a sold out Wembley or sold out Amex Stadium. Now it might happen at Riverside Stadium in front of a few hundred Brighton-fans, and the Brighton-fans are even placed so that no cameras are able to record the celebrations if Brighton scores.......we only see Boro-fans behind the goal, no matter in which end the goals will come. Okay, this last thing is not the most important thing in the world, but let's remember that promotion-moment is a moment that we wan't to watch from video even years after...........we want everything to be perfect when the promotion happens. I know that it difficult to wish that Brighton would lose against Boro......but i also know that winning at Wembley would be something totally different than winning at the Riverside Stadium.

2. The second best scenario after Brighton securing promotion home against Derby would have been that Boro would already have secured their promotion before the last game, so that there would not be a need for any pitch invasion at the Riverside Stadium against Brighton, and that only Brighton and Burnley would have been fighting for that second promotion place during the last round......but the 0-0 game against Ipswich now means that Boro can not secure their promotion before the Brighton-game, and that means that all the Brighton-fans who travel to Middlesbrough might have to see Boro making history and Boro-fans making a pitch invasion after the game.

All you who now reply that my points are stupid...........don't go berserk when the Boro pitch invasion happens. I just wanted us to avoid that.....but now it's very close.

It certainly wasn't a bad thing! , and by the way, do you really mean a few hundred Albion fans at the Riverside, more likely a few thousand !!

Better altogether if we can win on 6th May as that would be a memorable way of 'doing' it !!

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the positive side, it relieves the pressure on us.

We can afford to lose v Derby and still win promotion at Boro. If we win v Derby, we can afford to draw v Boro (and depending on margins, possibly lose against them, too).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1/10

There is no set of circumstances that would make a Boro win better than a Boro draw as far as the Albion are concerned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
dddbae25e3602950745916c75eaf4d7f42e98ef86621127a7dada8e460bd17a9.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Boro have blinked first we owe them after the game in December.

It all started and ends with Boro.....

Our 1st game of our 21 match unbeaten run on the final day last season (draw) our loss in December (lose) and our............(tba) on the final day...let's hope its a win.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'll be happy enough dancing round the pub in Brighton spilling beer if we get promotion at Riverside.

There's not really a downside.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

I've read some shit on here but this probably tops the lot.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'll be happy enough dancing round the pub in Brighton spilling beer if we get promotion at Riverside.

There's not really a downside.

History could be drawing us back to the Northeast for a repeat.....i will take it....i'll happily lick the spilt beer of the floor if we go up.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
On the positive side, it relieves the pressure on us.

We can afford to lose v Derby and still win promotion at Boro. If we win v Derby, we can afford to draw v Boro (and depending on margins, possibly lose against them, too).

Surely that's not correct. We can only afford to loose against Derby if others loose too.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
litmaninv808 said:

Are you for f****** real??

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It certainly wasn't a bad thing! , and by the way, do you really mean a few hundred Albion fans at the Riverside, more likely a few thousand !!

Better altogether if we can win on 6th May as that would be a memorable way of 'doing' it !!
Oh blimey, is that another one they've moved?:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here