Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those of us not going to Boro.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I could watch the game at home (let's face it, it will be on tellybox), but I don't want to. I could watch it in a myriad of pubs across Sussex but most of them will be populated bandwagonjumperonners who are there just because of the prospect of Prem football and the intrigue of could they get a ticket to see their adopted big club at The Amex.

What I really want is to watch it in a pub full of proper Albion fans who actually get to see most home games. Watching at The Amex would be OK, but maybe not enough spit and sawdust, so any suggestions or can NSC be the catalyst to arranging something? Somewhere in Brighton or Hove would be preferable.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is the Brighton centre available? Season ticket holders only....and a couple of big screens

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where I'll be: the Hiker's Rest. Proper Albion pub, plenty of hardcore supporters there

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Same the big screen on the seafront can't show it.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I could watch the game at home (let's face it, it will be on tellybox), but I don't want to. I could watch it in a myriad of pubs across Sussex but most of them will be populated bandwagonjumperonners who are their just because of the prospect of Prem football and the intrigue of could they get a ticket to see their adopted big club at The Amex.

What I really want is to watch it in a pub full of proper Albion fans who actually get to see most home games. Watching at The Amex would be OK, but maybe not enough spit and sawdust, so any suggestions or can NSC be the catalyst to arranging something? Somewhere in Brighton or Hove would be preferable.

This ties in with the thread about fair-weather fans. If they irritate you so much, it'll only get worse if we actually make it to the Premier League.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I thought all the final games are non-televised 3pm kick offs to ensure no team gets any kind of advantage on the final day. If that's the case it won't be on the TV anywhere.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I thought all the final games are non-televised 3pm kick offs to ensure no team gets any kind of advantage on the final day. If that's the case it won't be on the TV anywhere.

I might come across as naive here, but how would any team get an advantage by having their game shown live, whilst all the other games are also in play at the same time?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Like the idea from the OP as well.

Need a big pub or a couple of decent sized ones and see if we can book it out.
Hikers is always good for East Brighton.

Don't think there's a good alternative for Hove - maybe Blind Busker could be booked out or whatever the place is called by the Lagoon.

Nobody mention a curry though, k lol x

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Do Sky only get to pick one game or can they have 2 or 3 to show at the same time on different channels?

I think the only Premier League game that will be at that time is Man United v Norwich which no doubt they'll be showing, even though it's a bit of a dead duck, so does this mean they'd only pick one Championship game to show? And if so, when do they announce it?

The only way it's not going to be us is perhaps if circumstances dictate that we need only play out a bore draw to ensure both us and Boro go up, in which case perhaps the cameras would follow Burnley's trip to the Valley in the hope of seeing some goals. Although even in that situation it's dumb not to show us

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ok I got the timings wrong they are all 12.30pm kick offs. I genuinely didn't think any of them were televised though smartarse.

Sky choose 2 to be televised I believe. Would imagine now it'll be ours along with Charlton vs burnley

Norwich v man Utd is on BT sport

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sky choose 2 to be televised I believe. Would imagine now it'll be ours along with Charlton vs burnley

Norwich v man Utd is on BT sport
Any pub in Brighton that decides to show Norwich v Man Utd should be shamed and boycotted for a decade.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here