Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next week

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Odd scenes on here for sure. Assuming we've won, we will be cheering for whoever is playing Burnley and Boro, as usual. But this time there will be a twist in the tail, because if QPR go in front at Burnley (I know, some hope), we suddenly all become Middlesbrough fans in the hope of the friendliest 0-0 "after you Claude" fixture at the Riverside on the final day since 1977.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Middlesbrough play on Friday night, though, so all done and dusted before the bank holiday Monday games.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If Boro win 1:0 and we win 3:0 against Derby then we go ahead of Boro on goals scored, so we will only need a draw at Boro. If Boro lose 1:0 at Brum and we win 3:0 against Derby, Boro would need to beat us by more than one goal, as again we would be level on points and goal difference, but we've scored more. So winning be 3 goals (I know) against Derby and Boro winning by the odd goal, will make a huge difference on the last day, as a draw will be enough, I think.
So in conclusion 2:0 V Derby is brilliant, 3:0 is massive, but first and foremost a win is important, but not crucial, as has been pointed out on another thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To think everyone wanted Boro to win a week ago....funny old game A :)
We'd be second now instead of third, and had Burnley have lost then they might have buckled under the pressure and dropped more points last night. But it is possible we'll be glad they drew after the next game, it's still too early to know.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
shiTTing?!!?!

If Boro win 1:0 and we win 3:0 against Derby then we go ahead of Boro on goals scored, so we will only need a draw at Boro. If Boro lose 1:0 at Brum and we win 3:0 against Derby, Boro would need to beat us by more than one goal, as again we would be level on points and goal difference, but we've scored more. So winning be 3 goals (I know) against Derby and Boro winning by the odd goal, will make a huge difference on the last day, as a draw will be enough, I think.
So in conclusion 2:0 V Derby is brilliant, 3:0 is massive, but first and foremost a win is important, but not crucial, as has been pointed out on another thread.
There are a healthy number of old Seafordians on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here