Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Lucky Day

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As I was getting out of the car this evening, I go t a text proclaiming:
"URGENT! We are trying to contact U. Todays draw shows that you have won a £2000 prize GUARANTEED. Call 090 5809 4501 from land line. Claim ****. Valid 12hrs only."

I then walked into the house and there was a message on the answerphone saying I'd won a cruise "around Spain" and I had to ring 090 6125 3053 to claim it.

So come on people, should I dial those numbers or are they going to hammer me for a few hundred notes on my phone bill and turn out to be hoaxes? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hoaxes big time

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If the numbers are premium rate then I think you have your answer right there.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I answered a call today, where an automated message said "Congratulations...", I don't know what I was being congratulated for because I hung up at that point.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Curious Orange said:
I answered a call today, where an automated message said "Congratulations...", I don't know what I was being congratulated for because I hung up at that point.

Same here. Don't suppose the buggers have yet found a way to charge us just for picking up the phone?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
They have to be covered by some basic laws in that if they offer you a prize they have to give it to you. The way they get round it though is by not giving you all the information.

For instance the £2000 prize could be £2000 worth of holiday vouchers towards a £5000 holiday.

The Free Cruise Around Spain could be a free cruise but you have to pay your own fares to-and-fro and then pay for all meals of which you will have to guarantee to take at least 3 each day etc.

Most of these offers can be found on the net or other magaizines etc free of charge without the £30 phone call.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was sitting outdoors this morning, and felt something 'land' on my sun hat

Took it off and looked, and found it was a lovely runny bird sh*t!

It is supposed to be lucky, so will check my Lotto numbers tonight with extra anticipation :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here