Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone worried the Charlton fans shannagans tomorrow might out our players off?

missseagullblue

Apr 7, 2016
I know Middlesbrough weren't focused because when they played them Karanka had just thrown his toys out of the pram but the whistling and the disruptions were also putting the players off :eek:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The answer really is to drown out the Charlton fans with our own chanting. The droning sound of Albion, Albion is going to have far more of an impact on the players than anything Charlton's fans will come up with. Our away support is vocal whatever the number, but given the circumstances tomorrow and the FACT that the away end is packed out with our fans, I don't think the atmosphere is going to be a problem for the players.

Just make sure if you're going, you sing loud and often!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've been there, done that. Need to fully respect Charlton's right to protest. Obviously. The game willbe played somewhere sometime. Else, fvck it. who cares, we'll just be awarded the three points.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Our players are professional and focused. They want promotion as much if not more than the fans.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Anyone worried the Charlton fans shannagans tomorrow might out our players off?

Nope, after reading this frontwards and then backwards you have lost me:moo:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Players will be able to completely blank this out - like true pros.....so no I'm not worried.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
d8994e244e3f0cf6e45a94abf3990bd0.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Players are totally focused on what is needed for automatic promotion so no need to worry.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
I hate that I am writing this about my own club but anyway.
Watch our captain, and all round good guy, Johnnie Jackson's post match interview after Bolton away on Tuesday, and ask yourself what you will be facing.
We have been relegated.
The team didn't even get back from Bolton until 4am Wednesday morning.
We let in a goal from a corner every other game.
Our defensive record is diabolical.
We finagle the odd goal or even the very odd result.
We are, especially now, a collection of individuals many of whom are decent footballers but not a team.
At the very best Charlton will play on memory and hope.
The Charlton fans at the Valley will be pretty ambivalent about the football.
Brighton are on a storming run.
Brighton are a team.
Brighton will be brilliantly supported.
Brighton have excellent players.
Brighton have been scoring goals for fun.
Hughton is a shrewd and canny manager who will have anticipated and considered all the scenarios.

In that kind of scenario the only real disruption to a Brighton team of focused, hardened and talented professionals will be if they let anything get to them.
If we Charlton fans vent during the match Brighton have enough resources, and then some, to cope, We haven't got the power to make the pitch a magic carpet and have it float off to never never land.
If Brighton don't beat us pretty comfortably, it would be best to look inward rather than for external reasons, in order to prepare for your remaining matches.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Charltons plight has been well documented, so was ours. This #together thing isn't just about us, it covers the whole football family. Supporting them won't bother the players on the field they'll be concentrating on the match

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think our team are so focussed right now it will make little difference.
Hopefully there will be another protest when Burnley visit. I think it may affect them more than it will us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I hate that I am writing this about my own club but anyway.
Watch our captain, and all round good guy, Johnnie Jackson's post match interview after Bolton away on Tuesday, and ask yourself what you will be facing.
We have been relegated.
The team didn't even get back from Bolton until 4am Wednesday morning.
We let in a goal from a corner every other game.
Our defensive record is diabolical.
We finagle the odd goal or even the very odd result.
We are, especially now, a collection of individuals many of whom are decent footballers but not a team.
At the very best Charlton will play on memory and hope.
The Charlton fans at the Valley will be pretty ambivalent about the football.
Brighton are on a storming run.
Brighton are a team.
Brighton will be brilliantly supported.
Brighton have excellent players.
Brighton have been scoring goals for fun.
Hughton is a shrewd and canny manager who will have anticipated and considered all the scenarios.

In that kind of scenario the only real disruption to a Brighton team of focused, hardened and talented professionals will be if they let anything get to them.
If we Charlton fans vent during the match Brighton have enough resources, and then some, to cope, We haven't got the power to make the pitch a magic carpet and have it float off to never never land.
If Brighton don't beat us pretty comfortably, it would be best to look inward rather than for external reasons, in order to prepare for your remaining matches.

Absolutely agree. Things can only get better for you Charlton lot, you don't deserve the absolute farce merry go round that's gone on at your club. As for tomorrow, if we don't get a result, we only have ourselves to blame, no excuses.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here