Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off to Charlton without ticket

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm going and I will stand outside the ground if I have too
With a sign round my neck begging for a ticket.
I love my club and can't miss this !
Any spare I will take xx Baz xx😁🇭🇳🇭🇳🇭🇳🇭🇳🇭🇳🇭🇳

el punal

Any spare I will take xx Baz xx��������������������������
Best of luck with that. If you're really desperate pretend that you're Tintin, and they'll let you in to the directors box for free!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There will undoubtably be somebody looking to offload a ticket or two at the ground due to illness, inability to get there due to substance/alcohol abuse tonight etc. I'm betting you get one :thumbsup:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Went with my partner and son to the Birmingham match two weeks ago without tickets as it was "sold out". We bought Home tickets from their ticket office in the section adjoining the Brighton section. Then 10 mins into the game persuaded a steward that we had been sold tickets for the wrong section and all three of us were moved into the Brighton section... might be worth a try!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Went with my partner and son to the Birmingham match two weeks ago without tickets as it was "sold out". We bought Home tickets from their ticket office in the section adjoining the Brighton section. Then 10 mins into the game persuaded a steward that we had been sold tickets for the wrong section and all three of us were moved into the Brighton section... might be worth a try!

Why did you need to do this, it was not sold out and POTD was available at the Away turnstiles,

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Why did you need to do this, it was not sold out and POTD was available at the Away turnstiles,
We had telephoned earlier in the day (as we live just 15 miles from St Andrews) and told by the Amex ticket staff that it was SOLD OUT and there was no POTD

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Worth a try. I ended up with a "spare" at Charlton a couple of years back and couldn't shift it, Despite Shouting "Ticket for Away End at Face Value" outside the ground.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My strategy has always been to walk into whichever pub has the most Albion in it and shout "any spares?" At the top of my voice. Never fails,

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

If you love your club wouldn't you ave had sufficient loyalty points to obtain a ticket for the game before they sold out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Why would he want to try to get into Birmingham's home end, when it's the Charlton match he wants to see :dunce:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Very strange given the news item that was posted prior to the game

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/pay-on-the-day-at-birmingham-3042149.aspx

It raises the question as to why ticket office staff were not aware of this and gave you incorrect information

That is twice I have not been impressed with the Amex tickets staff - both times a young sounding guy who was quite curt. The earlier one was against Wolves at Molineux last September when their ticket office bent over backwards to try and get me tickets on the Friday before the game, but had to refer me back to Amex. Once the guy at the Amex ticket office realised I had a Wolverhampton address he put me on hold for 15 minutes while he sought advice. Then came back and said "Sorry, the tickets went off sale 10 minutes ago (ie 12 noon)" I wrote a letter of complaint to Amex about it. I actually managed to get tickets for that game from a fellow Albion fan at the last minute. So the Brum ticket fiasco was the final straw.
Anyway, maybe worth a try for Charlton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here