Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Now living in Bournemouth

Mentally preparing for the playoffs

0 Not allowed!
    Whilst promotion is still in our hands it has to be said that we are probably the unlikeliest of the top 3 to get promoted automatically given our remaining fixtures especially if Burnley win this evening.

Making the play offs will be a fantastic achievement but i worry our fans will see this as a huge disappointed which will ultimately affect our chances of progressing to the final and winning them.

Would people genuinely be disappointed to be competing in the playoffs?
    'The Amex Stadium is an excellent venue, very nicely set in the countryside. The concourse is extraordinarily wide and spacious for such a small stadium. Comfy cushioned seats, excellent view, plenty of leg room, great pitch and the best acoustics of any stadium I've been to. The home fans singing was deafening, all down to the acoustic effect of the stadium design.' Duncan Adams, Football Ground guide.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

6 Not allowed!
      I'd be VERY disappointed.

That said, I wouldn't blame the team, and we'd still have a great chance of promotion.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Disappointed but very confident we'll see off Wednesday,

After that I'm not too sure

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by croydon seagull View Post
      I would be disappointed to even think about the play-offs while we are still on for automatic.
      Now living in Bournemouth

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      I'd be VERY disappointed.

That said, I wouldn't blame the team, and we'd still have a great chance of promotion.
      I get that but it feels great just to be in with a shout however unlikely.

I also think we're in pretty good shape for a crack at the play offs this time
      'The Amex Stadium is an excellent venue, very nicely set in the countryside. The concourse is extraordinarily wide and spacious for such a small stadium. Comfy cushioned seats, excellent view, plenty of leg room, great pitch and the best acoustics of any stadium I've been to. The home fans singing was deafening, all down to the acoustic effect of the stadium design.' Duncan Adams, Football Ground guide.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

14 Not allowed!
      However things pan out from here on in, it's been a tremendous season. The players have done us proud. And they seem WELL fired up, unlike Boro and Burnley with their nervy late goals. The team spirit is fierce and that will take us a very long way for the remainder of the season. Would be gutted if we didn't go up now, by one route or another, because we deserve it on merit.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by croydon seagull View Post
      Whilst promotion is still in our hands it has to be said that we are probably the unlikeliest of the top 3 to get promoted automatically given our remaining fixtures especially if Burnley win this evening.

Making the play offs will be a fantastic achievement but i worry our fans will see this as a huge disappointed which will ultimately affect our chances of progressing to the final and winning them.

But the fans don't play.
      I'm pretty sure Chris Hughton has taken the possibility of the play-offs into account, and will not allow disappointment to mare our promotion push. Anyway, we are going up automatic, keep the faith
      You be glad you be Sussex born!

STAYING ALERT!!
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      I do think people are getting rather carried away. It will be play offs for us.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      However things pan out from here on in, it's been a tremendous season. The players have done us proud. And they seem WELL fired up, unlike Boro and Burnley with their nervy late goals. The team spirit is fierce and that will take us a very long way for the remainder of the season. Would be gutted if we didn't go up now, by one route or another.
      Sets us up for the fall though We're doing so welll something has to go wrong.

1 Not allowed!
      The team spirit and mental strength we have should ensure that momentum is carried into the play offs. We should just edge Wednesday and then its Hull or Derby. Who knows on the day but Wembley will suit us.