Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mentally preparing for the playoffs

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Whilst promotion is still in our hands it has to be said that we are probably the unlikeliest of the top 3 to get promoted automatically given our remaining fixtures especially if Burnley win this evening.

Making the play offs will be a fantastic achievement but i worry our fans will see this as a huge disappointed which will ultimately affect our chances of progressing to the final and winning them.

Would people genuinely be disappointed to be competing in the playoffs?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be VERY disappointed.

That said, I wouldn't blame the team, and we'd still have a great chance of promotion.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

That said, I wouldn't blame the team, and we'd still have a great chance of promotion.

I get that but it feels great just to be in with a shout however unlikely.

I also think we're in pretty good shape for a crack at the play offs this time

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
However things pan out from here on in, it's been a tremendous season. The players have done us proud. And they seem WELL fired up, unlike Boro and Burnley with their nervy late goals. The team spirit is fierce and that will take us a very long way for the remainder of the season. Would be gutted if we didn't go up now, by one route or another, because we deserve it on merit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Whilst promotion is still in our hands it has to be said that we are probably the unlikeliest of the top 3 to get promoted automatically given our remaining fixtures especially if Burnley win this evening.

Making the play offs will be a fantastic achievement but i worry our fans will see this as a huge disappointed which will ultimately affect our chances of progressing to the final and winning them.

But the fans don't play.
I'm pretty sure Chris Hughton has taken the possibility of the play-offs into account, and will not allow disappointment to mare our promotion push. Anyway, we are going up automatic, keep the faith

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
However things pan out from here on in, it's been a tremendous season. The players have done us proud. And they seem WELL fired up, unlike Boro and Burnley with their nervy late goals. The team spirit is fierce and that will take us a very long way for the remainder of the season. Would be gutted if we didn't go up now, by one route or another.

Sets us up for the fall though :( We're doing so welll something has to go wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The team spirit and mental strength we have should ensure that momentum is carried into the play offs. We should just edge Wednesday and then its Hull or Derby. Who knows on the day but Wembley will suit us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Obviously I'll be disappointed we haven't finished top two. I'd then dust myself down and get ready to cheer them on in the playoffs.

I'd feel worse if I was a Middlesbrough fan after what they've spent on their team and the way they've behaved (toys out the pram when not picked, the manager not being there for one game etc).

We've played within FFP and our players have given everything. This is the best team I've ever seen us have, how could we not be proud of them, even if we miss out?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

it will come down to the injury time goal for burnley against us, 60 seconds away from automatic promotion

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
However things pan out from here on in, it's been a tremendous season. The players have done us proud. And they seem WELL fired up, unlike Boro and Burnley with their nervy late goals. The team spirit is fierce and that will take us a very long way for the remainder of the season. Would be gutted if we didn't go up now, by one route or another, because we deserve it on merit.

I don't agree that Boro ( 19 pts from last 21 ) and Burnley ( unbeaten thus far in whole of 2nd half of season ) aren't ' fired up ' They are both showing tremendous resolve and will be difficult to overtake. We are probably playing the better football but that doesn't always guarantee promotion. All we know is, that like the other two teams, we are showing great strength of character and will carry this to the end of the season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
it will come down to the injury time goal for burnley against us, 60 seconds away from automatic promotion

....or the penalty awarded against us up there....or the penalty miss v Wolves....or the penalty against us v Derby....or Murphy's disallowed goal v Preston....or, luckily.....Dunk's challenge v MKD.....or MKD's penalty miss.....or Burnley's goal that never was....or.....or......and so on....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd be disappointed of course, but then I'll re-boot and look forward to the playoffs

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
a bit disapointed that someone would be thinking about the play-offs when just about anything can and probably will in the next three games. lets see where we are after Boro then think about the play-offs

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We must focus on the season as it is, we still have a huge chance of automatic promotion, until that isn't possible or becomes very unlikely we should focus on that. We are ONLY 4 goals behind Burnley's GD and they have some tough games, we also have to play Boro' which should be seen as a positive and could trip them up, don't put all the negative on Albion the others must play their part or we'll snatch it from them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

100% correct. You can't at this stage start to think play offs. The team has to focus on the task in hand and that is trying to win the 3 games which would take us up. If it doesn't happen, then you mentally start to prepare for the play offs. The players, the staff and the fans have to focus on supporting the team to reach automatic promotion and we shouldn't get distracted from that for now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here