Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal "wants to commit his future to Brighton and Hove Albion"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A new 3 year Contract, make him skipper with the promise of a pay rise if we go up.
If we fail tell him we will listen to Premiership offers over the summer if they come in.
Simple, but get him on a longer deal pronto to protect ourselves a bit more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Refreshing to see a player use this route to get a new contract than allude to other clubs wanting him and then claim they never wanted to leave.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah just give him everything he wants.

Amongst a team comprised of some excellent men and a few Gods, he is a COLOSSUS bestriding the pitch like Helios did at Rhodes.

larus

I don't buy this view as to making someone captain because they're the best/great player. I would prefer the captain to be a natural leader. I'm not saying he couldn't do the job, but is he a natural leader? Another option could be Dunk - he's calmed down a little bit, and I wonder if the responsibility would work to help his game even more. The great thing is the team spirit does seem superb and there are a few choices I suppose as potential captains.

But, yes, offer him a 5 year deal please.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A memory of mine says that on his debut he came from the bench, scored a goal that didn't fully change events, sadly, and then thrust himself toward another corner, with the leap of a locust, that would have snatched us a draw, only for him to come crashing to the floor, on his unbreakable heroic bonce. That said everything of his character; of determination, of a lust for victory, of fighting in every moment, of throwing himself in the line of fire for the team. Add to those features his ball control and ability to make space for himself with a drop of a shoulder or sly turn and you have an ace midfielder with drive and a silkiness to have us going places. Really pleased he wants to stay and I hope the minute the season is done, no matter where we end up, that signatures are stolen from the likes of Beram with great immediacy, as we need him and them around.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Yeah just give him everything he wants.

Amongst a team comprised of some excellent men and a few Gods, he is a COLOSSUS bestriding the pitch like Helios did at Rhodes.

Hmmm! Helios Vs Rhodes, I must have missed that game!
Anyway, glad to see more calls for BK as Captain. I have been calling for this since his third or fourth game for us. You just need to hear him on the pitch urging everyone onto the attack and then leading by example, always a good sign in a potential Capt.
It's quite obvious from his 100% commitment every game that he is Brighton through and through.
Let's make it a 10 year deal and let him spend the rest of his career with us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No point worrying about this at the present time, need to wait until or season is over whether it is in 3 or 6 games time. A clearer picture will then be available as to what we can afford to pay, what Kayal is looking for and the difference between the two. However we need to attractive terms so that he extends his contract with us. This would then suit both parties in that Kayal is committed for a longer period and the cub is protected from interested parties.

Reading the article clearly playing on a regular basis is an attraction for Kayal, and he is clearly one of the 1st names on the team sheet so fingers crossed that the deal is done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here