Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit - Few Questions

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Morning All, Does anyone know when the new Albion kit will come out? Son’s birthday on the 8th of July and he’s nagging me for a new kit but wasn’t sure if it will be out in time. Also will it still be manufactured by Nike? Will Albion keep the home top for two seasons again?

Also when are thy likely to start discounting the remaining stocks of the existing kit? I know most other clubs are discounting them now.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Its usually out later on during the summer holidays iirc, but that may change I guess. Still Nike - and yes, it will be for 2 seasons on a rotation with the away kit.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Great news about two year home kit. I can't understand why the change a home kit every year, simply rips fans off. 2 years minimum for home kit is the way it should be IMHO.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Great news about two year home kit. I can't understand why the change a home kit every year, simply rips fans off. 2 years minimum for home kit is the way it should be IMHO.

Yeah it works well, and I think they still put out a new third kit every year, which gives something new to sell without replacing the main kits every season.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Its usually out later on during the summer holidays iirc, but that may change I guess. Still Nike - and yes, it will be for 2 seasons on a rotation with the away kit.

I can't imagine that being the case if we are in the premier league. A lot more money to be made releasing a kit every year and there will be a lot more punters to buy it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
One thing we do know is that it will have a shithouse iron on sponsor. Can't believe a company the size of Nike will not make a stripped kit with a block for the sponsor, pathetic.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
One thing we do know is that it will have a shithouse iron on sponsor. Can't believe a company the size of Nike will not make a stripped kit with a block for the sponsor, pathetic.

What's more frustrating is that they do produce shirts without the shite panel, and they look lovely.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Will it be this?

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.26.29.png

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Question for those with the current kit - Has your sponsor panel fallen off? Does it look better without it? And, can you post a picture of it?

I'm tempted to buy one and wash the shit out of it so that the sponsor panel comes off, as I think it would look great without it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The iron on thing wouldn't look so monstrous if they had at least matched the shade of white.

If we go up I'll pick one up, iron on patch or no, just to have our first Premier League kit in my collection. Otherwise, pass.

Agree with this entirely. The patch isn't bad in itself, it's just that it doesn't match the white on the kit. I love the Volt away kit though.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I believe that after the success of the away and third shirts this season, that the home shirt will follow suit and be pin striped, allowing the American Express logo to be put on without a giant patch.

Like others I was certainly in the "hate it" camp, and for that reason instead of getting that I bought the training top instead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Question for those with the current kit - Has your sponsor panel fallen off? Does it look better without it? And, can you post a picture of it?

I'm tempted to buy one and wash the shit out of it so that the sponsor panel comes off, as I think it would look great without it.

Is it possible to legally buy the generic/template shirt and just iron on the club badge?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do Nike really not do fully printed shirts for other clubs, are Barca and QPR iron on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here