Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last "real" chance for Burnley to blink first tonight.....

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Surely if they can overcome an away day derby match tonight, they are pretty much safe in regards to picking up 6 points from a p!ss easy last day @ Charlton (cricket score) plus and the not-so-good looking QPR at home.

Massive night for us tonight, what a lift it would be if they could just do the decent thing and lose tonight leaving us to PLOUGH on to those auto places when it really matters.

missseagullblue

Apr 7, 2016
Would be such a massive boost for our boys going into the game at Charlton if Burnley did drop 2 even better 3 points tonight but I genuinely believe our team is so on fire at the mo that we have the momentum to go all the way whatever the others do UTA UTA UTA UTA

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Wow just checking out Hull fixtures - 4 pretty easy games to go should see them on 88 points at the end of the season, they should have walked this run in.

At the very least we need to get 5 more points to ensure we don't end up 4th and playing Derby over 2 legs in the play offs - *shudder*

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
They won't lose. We need to concentrate on our only real chance -scoring plenty of goals and beating Middlesborough

I think goal difference has to be a real consideration now, maybe a good chance this weekend to reduce the 4 goal advantage they have on us.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think goal difference has to be a real consideration now, maybe a good chance this weekend to reduce the 4 goal advantage they have on us.

For goal difference to be to our advantage we need to overhaul the advantage not reduce it, especially when you consider Burnley's opponents in their last 2 games.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Then they play QPR and Charlton - easy chance to add +8 to +10 GD onto their tally

Don't write QPR off, they showed enough at times on Tuesday that they can cause teams problems, for large periods of the first half they were the better side. Clutching at straws maybe, but if they start well at Burnley and go ahead, who knows? Even more so if we can ramp up the pressure by beating Derby before they kick off.

But best I don't get ahead of myself, we need to beat Charlton first!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bolton leading and coming within minutes of picking up a point vs Boro is all you need to know about this league. Cliché, yes, but anyone can take points off anyone. Charlton will be incredibly hard tomorrow I suspect - an AWAY game in the championship always is. As for QPR - they have as stronger squad as most of the top 6 on paper - they have drawn 7 out of 8 away (think the one they lost was a thrashing but I think it was to the best team in the league - clearly). Let's just take it each game as it comes.

Offer me a draw tonight and I'd bite your hand off FWIW - I know the mathematical thinking behind 'a draw doesn't change things much' - but that's based on assumption Burnley would win their last 2 etc. Don't agree with [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] on this one!

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We're all Preston fans tonight, but the bottom line for us is that it's all about getting 3 wins and beating Charlton tomorrow.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Massive, MASSIVE game for Burnley this. If they win tonight, they are almost there.

No pressure, then.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't write QPR off, they showed enough at times on Tuesday that they can cause teams problems, for large periods of the first half they were the better side. Clutching at straws maybe, but if they start well at Burnley and go ahead, who knows? Even more so if we can ramp up the pressure by beating Derby before they kick off.

But best I don't get ahead of myself, we need to beat Charlton first!

We scored right on half time from a set-piece. It would have been a very different game without that.

Coming out of the blocks so fast also caused them problems and it was game over after that. I honestly think QPR are a decent Championship team who on their day could cause Burnley problems,

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Maybe we should also be looking at Boro.... Ipswich and Birmingham could provide tricky tests for them.

A lot of focus on Burnley but an Ipswich result at The Riverside could make their trip to Birmingham very interesting.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
To be honest Boro are the only team we can finish above doing it OURSELVES>

As we have to play them we can over-haul their points total.... something we could also have done to Burnley had that jammy **** Keane not got them outta jail in the 93rd min - alas, that train has passed.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Last "real" chance for Burnley to blink first tonight.....

Wow just checking out Hull fixtures - 4 pretty easy games to go should see them on 88 points at the end of the season, they should have walked this run in.

At the very least we need to get 5 more points to ensure we don't end up 4th and playing Derby over 2 legs in the play offs - *shudder*

Have to play a derby against Leeds.

We just need to match boros points in the next few games.

We could even go up like this:

Charlton 0-4 Brighton
Brighton 0-1 Derby
Boro 0-1 Brighton

+4 GD

Mboro 1-0 Ipswich
Mboro 0-0 bham
Mboro 0-1 Brighton

Gives us second on goals scored. Boro could also lose versus Ipswich and bham, meaning two wins versus Charlton and Derby sends us up!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Maybe we should also be looking at Boro.... Ipswich and Birmingham could provide tricky tests for them.

A lot of focus on Burnley but an Ipswich result at The Riverside could make their trip to Birmingham very interesting.

I quickly dismissed this as clutching at ginormous straws.

Both of them look utter gash at moment. Feeling sorry for themselves and will probably try to avoid defeat by hiding the ball up their shirt and sulking. That's the very best I can see from these 2 hopeless cases

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here