Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone see Ch5 benefits Sussex special .

D

Deleted User X18H

People from Brighton,Crawley and Bexhill all sitting around stuffing their faces and moaning about how much they are NOT receiving in Benefits . 16 grand in some cases which apparently isn't enough.

Disgraceful !!!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I didn't but I imagine that scene is being played out all. Over the UK, I should give up worrying about it Tim, it ain't gonna change, the only sad thing is these people are breeding the next generation of people in need!

Last edited:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Don't Panic! They won't send their kids to Balfour.

wangeye

Dec 1, 2014
16 grand that is shocking, they should be given vouchers that can only be used in supermarkets and only used for food and non alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
16 grand that is shocking, they should be given vouchers that can only be used in supermarkets and only used for food and non alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Little bit of an assumption as I presume that 16 grand includes child benefit, which most of us are entitled to, tax credits which again we are all entitled to apply for, housing benefit which many are entitled to and I am sure it's not ALL spent on Special Brew and dog food!
Unfortunately it's not the amount that's the problem but the sense of entitlement.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Little bit of an assumption as I presume that 16 grand includes child benefit, which most of us are entitled to, tax credits which again we are all entitled to apply for, housing benefit which many are entitled to and I am sure it's not ALL spent on Special Brew and dog food!
Unfortunately it's not the amount that's the problem but the sense of entitlement.
But the moment I decry that sense of entitlement, reject a system that fails to do what it was intended to do, ie form a safety net for those most in need... instead, providing a lifestyle choice for the idle masses of the UK..... I would get shouted down by the liberal voice of 'right on' Britain, a voice which has directly contributed to this entitlement mess we see in our society.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I saw it. I had a certain amount of sympathy for the woman in Crawley who had been an everyday tax paying member of society until illness, but that slobby mess of a couple in Bexhill and the tattooed blob in Brighton lived up to the stereotypes.

I know thinking really isn't your forte Timmy, but didn't you stop and think what this programme was really all about? Or do you firmly believe that all people on benefits are enormous slobs in the bookies as soon as the benefits arrive and living on deep fried potatoes in lazy squalor? This was simply hackneyed car crash TV, something for tired working people to feel better about themselves when watching.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
But the moment I decry that sense of entitlement, reject a system that fails to do what it was intended to do, ie form a safety net for those most in need... instead, providing a lifestyle choice for the idle masses of the UK..... I would get shouted down by the liberal voice of 'right on' Britain, a voice which has directly contributed to this entitlement mess we see in our society.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Totally agree on the entitlement sentiment. Just don't like the way figures are bandied about. The figures look big but as I tried to demonstrate large parts of those numbers can be explained away and are "benefits" that many are entitled to. Many that spend their benefits wisely and support their families well. However all we see on TV are the feckless who just want to p1ss it up the wall while watching their 55" TV while bleating the system has let them down!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Difference is the amount of ££££'s involved and the level of focus on it.

You could hardly accuse our current government of being soft on benefits, could you? If there really were loads of people like this, don't you think the Government would go after them rather than disabled people? They might be callous but they're not stupid.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
A channel 5 Benefits special finding people taking the piss out of the system to make their programme ? Well I'm not surprised that your surprised Timmy. None of us saw that coming :facepalm:

And you a wannabe journalist too :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I assume Facebook are all lighting torches and picking up their pitchforks as I type.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just recognised the family from Bexhill, have been on Jeremy Kyle, so benefit money and showbiz funds, can't be bad.
Anyone know where I can get a job as bald 49 year old stunt man?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here