Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior - Signing of the Season?

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Ability, Professionalism, Experience, Passion... is Liam Rosenior the best signing from our Summer transfer window?

I believe so at least: https://brightonfanreview.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/liam-rosenior-signing-of-the-season/

With the exception of Elvis Manu, I cannot name one player who has 'flopped' for us this season. Tomer Hemed and Jamie Murphy could easily be labelled our 'best transfer,' but, for me at least, Liam Rosenior has a slightly more rounded quality to him.

Who do you chaps think should be called our 'best Summer transfer'?

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I agree with this summary of Liam Rosenior's gifts. I also agree with his father 's point that he does an excellent job without really getting the credit he deserves. I believe he is the perfect signing for the equally understated Mr Chris Hughton!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A mention for Skazza would be rude to not offer.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I agree with this summary of Liam Rosenior's gifts. I also agree with his father 's point that he does an excellent job without really getting the credit he deserves. I believe he is the perfect signing for the equally understated Mr Chris Hughton!

We have had so many good signings. I wonder how many Chris knew about already or if our scouts unearthed those gems. If Chris stays with us where could we be in 3 years?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I get where you are coming from. Rosenior is an influential figure in his play, his on field and off field influence, but replacing the injured Solly March with Anthony Knockaert is the signing of the season IMO.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Love him, versatile player, but not sure you see his best playing left back behind Murphy.

Jul 7, 2003
On Tuesday night, whenever there was a break in play in the second half, Liam was straight over to talk to the management team and then passing information on the team. Think he is probably next in line for captain behind GG and Bruno with his experience and level headed nature.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On Tuesday night, whenever there was a break in play in the second half, Liam was straight over to talk to the management team and then passing information on the team. Think he is probably next in line for captain behind GG and Bruno with his experience and level headed nature.

I'm pretty certain Liam got the armband when Bruno went off against Burnley.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm trying to think of a time where we've had such a high ratio of success in our transfer dealings - I can only think of Manu (and to some people Skalak though I think he's winning people over) that's been a stereotypical 'flop' but even so, that's a good success rate. Hughton and the recruitment team deserve a pat on the back for giving us strength and options for every possibility. We can rest key players (CM possibly not) and know we are still strong and can compete - few teams in this league can offer the same.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We have had so many good signings. I wonder how many Chris knew about already or if our scouts unearthed those gems. If Chris stays with us where could we be in 3 years?

CH brought a scouting team with him to the club, although there are other scouts at the club as well as the team he brought in. And one of the scouts he brought in has his own connections around Europe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here