Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone staying in York pre and post Middlesbourgh?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A night in paradise for us - Best Western in Borough

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Yarm is ok but get rowdy on a weekend.

Kings arms in York was flooded out , often is but they just wash the floor and open again.
Lots of good real ale pubs in York , plenty of B and B down away from Station towards Bootham Crescent ground

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
If you want a quick rail link to M'brough then look at Darlington. I stayed in the Bannatyne which is a good hotel and about a 20 minute walk from the station...............but I can't vouch for any pubs. Would anticipate that it'll be a cheap night out though!

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Have not booked anywhere yet, just looking at York, Scarbourgh, Bridlington etc....any recommendations gratefully received.

Scarbrough and Brid are a bit of a hike from Teesside for an ealy ko.
York area would be good as you could get train to boro and not have to worry about drinking.
A few smaller hotels in Thirsk and Northallerton, both a bit nearer to Boro , on same train line and typical small market towns, plenty of pubs.
Borobridge just off the A1m before Teesside turnoff is another place with small hotels and lots of pubs,

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
If you want a quick rail link to M'brough then look at Darlington. I stayed in the Bannatyne which is a good hotel and about a 20 minute walk from the station...............but I can't vouch for any pubs. Would anticipate that it'll be a cheap night out though!

Couple of small hotels near station and B+B`s , tends to be full of contractors during week. Lots of pubs in the town centre and most around the £2 to 2-50 pint. Couple of smaller real ale bars as well.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I know a few people stopping over at York and Newcastle

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Staithes, near Whitby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here