Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheat / Gluten Free - Coeliac Food in Sussex

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
For all you Wheat and Gluten Free People out there... Any tips on local restaurants, takeaways or supermarket food options that are tasty!!

We've discovered the tasty Sussex Bread Company (Worthing) and Woolfie's (Hove) for fantastic gluten free fish, sausages and chips. Have found grabbing a quick bite at lunchtimes a bit challenging after a while, but Sunbirds on London Road is very good!

Woodies Diner were fantastic aswell, we spoke to them in advance and they got in some very good gluten free buns!

At home we've found Eat Real Lentil Chips and Newburn Bakehouse wraps and squares are great replacements.

Any recommendations out there?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is Infinity Foods in the Laines still going strong? Haven't been in years but remember they always sell great produce.

Edit: just seen their website; turns out they have a café as well.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Don't forget that all vegetables, fruit, fresh meat, fish, poultry, rice, quinoa, nuts and seeds are all naturally gluten free. You don't need all the "free from" rubbish.

Most good restaurants can do some form of meat/fish with vegetables. French, seafood, Thai, Asian, Japanese are all generally good bets.
I tend to stay clear of Italian and Chinese. Indians can be OK, but I don't always trust them!

If your coeliac or severely intolerant, I'd be careful where ever you go as you can rarly been 100% safe.

On a few occasions I've taken my own food if the people I was with wanted to go somewhere not suitable for me. I have a more strict diet though where I'm strict Paleo (for my ulcerative colitis) which involves cutting out gluten, dairy, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, chillies), most grains and processed food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here