Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Charlton

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Sorry if I missed a previous thread.

There seems to be some suggestion that there is a bus replacement service in operation. No detail given on trainline or national rail. Anyone know?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Do Charlton still run their special buses into various parts of Sussex for those of us keen to see decent football?

el punal

Looking at your username I assume that you live in Hampshire - somewhere. If it's any help a few of us Albionistas are catching the 10.00 train from Southampton, arriving at Waterloo at 11.20. There are no engineering works en route (according to South West Trains website) so hopefully* all plain sailing.

* This last bit would not have been included had it been dear old Southern. I'm sure that they would have cooked up something to cock up something. That's the nature of the beast. SASTA - pah!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No trains from Blackheath to Charlton though (which stymied the pre-match beverage spot). Direct trains from London Bridge and Cannon Street though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Looking at your username I assume that you live in Hampshire - somewhere. If it's any help a few of us Albionistas are catching the 10.00 train from Southampton, arriving at Waterloo at 11.20. There are no engineering works en route (according to South West Trains website) so hopefully* all plain sailing.

* This last bit would not have been included had it been dear old Southern. I'm sure that they would have cooked up something to cock up something. That's the nature of the beast. SASTA - pah!

You may know this, you may not, but SWT have the £15 advance tickets available for tomorrow for your getting to Waterloo needs. Will be a lot cheaper doing that and using Oyster/contactless/paper travelcard than a One Day Travelcard from Southampton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here