Hodgson defends Vardy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
funny-roy-hodgson-face-4.jpg

On the Vardy dive:

[yt]o1BQUpg1fco[/yt]

"I will go out on a limb. I don't see that as a dive," said Hodgson. "I think he was unbalanced. I don't think it was a penalty either. I think he was unbalanced, running at that speed. I think there was a very slight contact with the defender [West Ham's Angelo Ogbonna], who was trying to cover. But of course all the pundits I hear say he was trying to dive, look how he dived. I don't see it. I wouldn't blame him for that. I sympathise with him. I think he was very, very unlucky."

- a "very slight contact" when Vardy throws his right leg across Ogbonna and stamps on his foot in a blatant attempt to draw the foul. Mmmkay. How about his reaction to the sending off. Surely you can't....

On Vardy going over to the ref and screaming "You're a C**T. You're a F*****G C**T" in his face.

_89361313_vardy_ap.jpg

"He has reacted like human beings sometimes react. He hasn't just said to the ref, 'that is all right, I understand' and shake hands and have a good game. He has called him a few names. But he is a human being and that can happen."

....ok. So the England manager advocates players abusing referees, because we're all "human beings". Righto Roy, well played.
Jesus, no wonder players behave like ********s when there's apologists falling over themselves to justify their pathetic antics.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Bit silly to defend both the action and the verbals. Better to have said that Vardy has had a bad day at the office but will learn from it and come back a better player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the name of God Woy - Shut The F*ck. Up! Not only do most people seem to think Vardy dived but we also have other divers like Sterling in the England squad who will take this as a sign if they go down easy they'll have the manager's sympathy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it really bad of Roy to back someone who's going to be playing for him in the summer?

He dived, so what, loads of players do it. I'll tell you what, if he does that and gets us a penalty that sees us to the WC final, I won't be complaining.

Simeone cheated against Beckham, Ronaldo cheated against Rooney, and we got knocked out both times. No one cares about that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it really bad of Roy to back someone who's going to be playing for him in the summer?

Its entirely predictable I suppose, but when it blatantly insults everyones intelligence then I find it irksome. As we've recently seen first-hand, managers like Dyche are so insanely MYOPIC and one-eyed over referees decisions, they actually make themselves sound absolutely ridiculous in their contrived, cack-handed way to try and defend the indefensible when it comes to their players. And Hodgson has made himself look a right tit now by doing the same.

I'm not expecting Hodgson to necessarily come out and CONDEMN Vardy for his actions. But christ up a tree, don't piss in my ear and tell me its raining. I know what I saw - Vardy cheated to try and get a penalty, got rightly sent off, and then gave the ref a toilet-mouthed GOBFULL on his way off. How is that in any way justifiable ?

If you're asked about it Roy, just mumble something barely audible and shuffle off like normal, you blithering owl-faced buffoon.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

He dived, so what, loads of players do it. I'll tell you what, if he does that and gets us a penalty that sees us to the WC final, I won't be complaining.

Simeone cheated against Beckham, Ronaldo cheated against Rooney, and we got knocked out both times. No one cares about that.

Agree. I think Hodgson is wrong in his opinion, however I am glad he is publically showing Vardy that he has his back. Should be a nice boost for vardy and hopefully he'll repay that faith in the summer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Maybe Vardy should throw his toys out the pram like Shearer did before the 1998 world cup, after he kicked Neil Lennon in the head and threaten not to go the Euro's if he's charged further. :D

I wonder how many Leicester fans outraged at Shearer getting away scot free with that are outraged at Vardy being charged.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe Vardy should throw his toys out the pram like Shearer did before the 1998 world cup, after he kicked Neil Lennon in the head and threaten not to go the Euro's if he's charged further. :D

I wonder how many Leicester fans outraged at Shearer getting away scot free with that are outraged at Vardy being charged.

Completely forgotten that one. What a complete ****. (Shearer, not you for reminding me)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Manager supports a player publicly , thats what good managers do to foster a team spirit

I'll remember that the next time I see a thread taking the piss out of Dyche for defending Barton when he chews someones ear off.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

The voice of reason, thanks for clearing that one up, 100% agree with you on this

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
It's crept in to our game, rather than managers/media/pundits absolutely slating play acting (which would help eradicate the problem) everyone seems to defend it.

'There was contact so he's entitled to go down.'
'He's made the most of it but there was a slight touch.'
'It's soft but I've seen them given.'

NO. It's play acting and should be cut from the game completely, with no defending it.

Vardy only has himself to blame.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
how can they say there was no contact
he was having his arm pulled and finally tripped Vardy straightened his leg out across the defenders leg hence the trip
he should not have "abused" the ref and he might just have got away with it
at most it was gamemanship but definitely not a dive
jeez there were defenders and forwards in the same game wrestling one another to the ground in both penalty areas, a classic case of referee look at me syndrome.
ever my other half said he will try to even it up at 1-2 and he did
the blokes an idiot and belongs in the lower leagues .....a lot lower .......to old and slow

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's crept in to our game, rather than managers/media/pundits absolutely slating play acting (which would help eradicate the problem) everyone seems to defend it.

NO. It's play acting and should be cut from the game completely, with no defending it.

Vardy only has himself to blame.
I agree

then they should change the rules

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Bloody foreigners, coming over here and div . . . oh. It was a very dirty dive, one of the most conniving ones I've seen. Only a friggin idiot would defend it, oh here comes Roy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

But it's FIFA's job to cut it from the game, not England's. I don't want us to be the only country in the world that doesn't do it, as we'll suffer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The voice of reason, thanks for clearing that one up, 100% agree with you on this

So "the voice of reason" provides a weary acceptance of blatant cheating / abuse of referees, and the approval of managers justifying and making mealy-mouthed excuses for it, because it helps engender "team spirit".

Depressing.

I'd be genuinely embarrassed if Hughton came out with the stuff Dyche and Hodgson have said.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bloody foreigners, coming over here and div . . . oh. It was a very dirty dive, one of the most conniving ones I've seen. Only a friggin idiot would defend it, oh here comes Roy.

just watched it in slo/mo

and the defender catches the back of Vardy'd leg..................................PENALTY

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here