Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and naivety of albion fans

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree. I don't see a lot of arrogance anywhere. Excitement, nervousness, anticipation and a fair bit of fear and trepidation - absolutely. Arrogance - not really. Very much 'so near yet so far' at this point and I think the board reflects that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All we need to do is win all our games and we are up

True, though isn't it.

3 games, 33 years of hurt.

All about Charlton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you must be new. if we win a game we are invincible and will go on to much better things. if we lose a game its all over (in August) and wholesale changes are demanded.

come on, we're doing really well and a couple of modest games from promotion, let people get excited. it not arrogance, it hope.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

I can guarantee two things, our manager and players will not be thinking the way were are on here. We are supporters, it is our job to get behind the team and yes sometimes we get ahead of ourselves, but come on, it's only 3 games! :)

Second, I am sure the players will be focussed on the job in hand against Charlton, irrespective of what is going on in the stands.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
All we need to do is win all our games and we are up

True, though isn't it.

3 games, 33 years of hurt.

All about Charlton.

It's true for boro too who will be at home IF it gets to that game...

albionite

May 20, 2009
Do you ever post anything bfy1 without it being a look at me rant?

So what if fans are excited, it's football.

Give it large when going well take the stick when it goes wrong.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think you have mistaken some calls to focus on our own task rather than worry about other's results with a sense of entitlement.

We all know its going to be hard, but we also know that, if in the right form, this side is capable.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Do you ever post anything bfy1 without it being a look at me rant?

So what if fans are excited, it's football.

Give it large when going well take the stick when it goes wrong.

I have an opinion of what i'm seeing now, isn't that what all albion fans do, isn't that what this board is about, that's why I stay off here because as soon as it's voiced someone like lets say.......YOU......turn it into an agenda

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's true for boro too who will be at home IF it gets to that game...

Of course it's true for them as well.

That matters not, it's simple - we win all 3 and we are up. Forget the froth of worrying about other teams..

Single minded, focus, win all 3.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

UTA

No disrespect to Charlton, but you would have to fancy our chances shirley, the way the Albion squad are growing in confidence with team spirit massively in abundance.

And Derby's chairman very recently sacked a manager for thinking 'short term' i.e. being focussed on promotion. Players currently seem to be ignoring his edict but who knows how long that will last?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Right i'm off to enjoy the sunshine, i'll leave you guys to clear the spunk and dribble off your keyboards.

Later warriors

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
I take your point to a degree..... but go on the Boro forums and they are far worse, and on Owlstalk and Rams talk they seem to think they are already promoted via the playoffs

albionite

May 20, 2009
Right i'm off to enjoy the sunshine, i'll leave you guys to clear the spunk and dribble off your keyboards.

Later warriors

So you start a thread that is more or less bollocks wait to see who agrees /disagrees as per your normal starting of threads, and the rest of us are warriors

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disagree. I don't see a lot of arrogance anywhere. Excitement, nervousness, anticipation and a fair bit of fear and trepidation - absolutely. Arrogance - not really. Very much 'so near yet so far' at this point and I think the board reflects that.

Sound summary.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
twat.jpg

Later warriors

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here