Play-off winners stats

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Since the 1992-93 season

3rd: Promoted 8 times (65% reach final)
4th: Promoted 4 times (48% reach final)
5th: Promoted 7 times (52% reach final)
6th: Promoted 4 times (35% reach final)

Interesting discussion on the Middlesbrough forum about how the team that finish 3rd might react. Looks quite likely that for the first time a team could get 90 points or more and still not get automatic promotion. Whoever misses out, they won't have much time to prepare for the semi-finals and will probably be feeling pretty devastated. I really hope it's not us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since the 1992-93 season

3rd: Promoted 8 times (65% reach final)
4th: Promoted 4 times (48% reach final)
5th: Promoted 7 times (52% reach final)
6th: Promoted 4 times (35% reach final)

Interesting discussion on the Middlesbrough forum about how the team that finish 3rd might react. Looks quite likely that for the first time a team could get 90 points or more and still not get automatic promotion. Whoever misses out, they won't have much time to prepare for the semi-finals and will probably be feeling pretty devastated. I really hope it's not us.

Interesting stats. I'd actually always been under the misconception that the 3rd placed team had amongst the lowest success rate in actually getting promoted, so to see that its actually the highest (abeit not by much) is news to me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks quite likely that for the first time a team could get 90 points or more and still not get automatic promotion.

No. Sunderland got 90 points in 1997/98. Lost out in the play-offs to Charlton

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No. Sunderland got 90 points in 1997/98. Lost out in the play-offs to Charlton

Make that *more* than 90 points, then. I can see the third place team getting 91 the way it stands.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Make that *more* than 90 points, then. I can see the third place team getting 91 the way it stands.

If we and Burnley win our last three games, Middlesboro would be 3rd with 92 points - that would be crazy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here