Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] QPR match report

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Apologies for the TARDINESS.

Another great night. Relive it here, if you wish: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?609-Albion-4-0-QPR-19-04-2016

Bruno knocked it long, seeking Baldock over the top – but finding only the head of former Albion reserve Grant Hall. A poor header though – distance poor, and into the middle of the pitch, where Skalak waited. The Czech winger allowed it to bounce, and then unfurled his body to release an absolute hammer of a volley, that flashed past the helpless Smithies. Jiri!!!!!

What. A. Goal! A belter. A goal so good, that the club’s Goal of the Season list had to be quickly re-edited and re-issued. A list without this stunner would have made the voting a sham. Oh. My. Word.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ahead of the game, bigging up Dale Stephens' contribution, before the announcement of his being voted the Championship's sixth best player, this afternoon :thumbsup:

That Rangers were held at arm’s length through this spell, was chiefly down to a sensational defensive midfield display from Dale Stephens – everywhere – winning the ball – breaking up play – preventing the visitors from settling into any comfortable possession. He never does anything overly clever, Stephens, so his work can go unnoticed, but he is in superb form right now. His selfless efforts are appreciated by those that matter – Inigo Calderon, asked for his personal choice for Player of the Season, had no hesitation in including the Albion number 6 alongside Bruno

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Top reporting, objective but passionate.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Fine work, as ever.

Another great piece .... made me feel like I was almost there again in N1I

Good as always

Here, here.

Your match reports are now a firmly established part of the post match basking/commiserating routine here in Chez Igzilla.

My grateful thanks always goes to folk who produce reports like this in their own time. Fascinating and insightful commentary to Skalak's goal . . . Just keep 'em coming; the commentaries and the goals!

Top reporting, objective but passionate.

Great stuff as always, thanks

:blush: Thanks very much

'Objective but passionate' - that's EXACTLY the aim. Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here