Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future of Brighton Marina

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Interested to read this report in the Argus but even more interested to read the comments. Is the Marina going to be vastly improved, developed and modernised or destined to fail?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1443...Brighton_Marina_homes_unveiled/?ref=mrb&lp=13

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to live in the Marina, despite all the criticisms of the place I really liked the flat, always felt chilled out, like you were on holiday and the sounds of the sea and rocking boats were very calming.

Would you buy a place there?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I lived there for 6 months when I came back to Brighton from living abroad. I hated the place - it was soulless and half empty most of the time due to the fact that a lot of the flats/houses are owned by Londoners who only come down for the weekend. It reminded me of this

Prisoner_sm.jpg

I half expected to be running down "The Strand" followed by a big balloon whenever I escaped the compound!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I lived there for 6 months when I came back to Brighton from living abroad. I hated the place - it was soulless and half empty most of the time due to the fact that a lot of the flats/houses are owned by Londoners who only come down for the weekend. It reminded me of this

View attachment 73834

I half expected to be running down "The Strand" followed by a big balloon whenever I escaped the compound!!

I always wondered what it was like on a cold, wet November day! Must be pretty depressing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i wouldnt, but DFL, or from anywhere will like the appeal, along with retirees. It makes sense to develop though, cant see any good reason not to build more flat there, may help elsewhere in town where more conventional houses with local amenities are sought by other groups.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Friends have a flat - sorry apartment - there. Every time we are there you seem to be able to hear noise, if from people out on the boardwalk or from the flats next to them.

Also seem to remember the maintenance charges they paid was astronomical.

I am still waiting for it to be finished.

Visited there with the family a few Sundays ago, had a quick look round the shops and then strolled along to the pier. There seems to be an awful lot of "work in progress" going on both in the Marina and elswhere but as far as I can recall it seems to have all been "in progress" for a while. I recall that there are plans (and lottery money as well) to spruce up the Volks railway depot and have some sort of visitor centre (and about time too) but what else is planned to smarten this stretch up?

Stumpy Tim

I owned a place in Neptune Court and lived in it for a year. I quite enjoyed living there. I sold it in 2004 for £221k. I noticed it was back on the market in 2011 - for £222k.

Must be the only place in Brighton with no growth in prices

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
An ex-girlfriend of mine used to live in the Marina, despite all the criticisms of the place I really liked the flat, always felt chilled out, like you were on holiday and the sounds of the sea and rocking boats were very calming.

I can picture the benefits you describe, but preferred being in the centre of Hove, for the same price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here