Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR blog

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
He claims They had a direct train from Falmer to London laid on for them last season?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
No idea, I guess they must have done if he said so.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He claims They had a direct train from Falmer to London laid on for them last season?

Yes, it did happen when they last played here, but it all depends on how many fans actually used it, and I think that the away numbers this time were much reduced. So, this might explain why the train did not run.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty fair report that - although he's grasping at straws if he thinks that Skalak's yellow should have been a red. He's right that our fourth goal was offside though, you can see that from the highlights. Interesting that he gave Knockaert and Skalak joint highest ratings - there are plenty on here who'd disagree with that.

And yes, some London clubs do have direct trains laid on for them. I remember Palace and Millwall have had them too

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure its our fault there was no train organised this year, surely that a responsibility of the away club isn't it ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty fair report that - although he's grasping at straws if he thinks that Skalak's yellow should have been a red.

If Jiri's was a red, then Hall's was a red, and Polter's was worth a season long ban.

He's right that our fourth goal was offside though, you can see that from the highlights.

Not sure which highlights you are watching, but the player involved (who steps over the shot) is NOT offside. He's played on by a yard, by the defender next to Kayal. (Kayal himself was offside, but nowhere near interfering with play).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure its our fault there was no train organised this year, surely that a responsibility of the away club isn't it ?

Or possibly the train operator?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure which highlights you are watching, but the player involved (who steps over the shot) is NOT offside. He's played on by a yard, by the defender next to Kayal. (Kayal himself was offside, but nowhere near interfering with play).

I went back to the highlights and stopped the clip at the moment of Knockaert's shot. Kayal and Murphy (I think it is) are both offside, albeit only slightly. You can see why the goal was given though, it would have been a harsh one to disallow

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The special trains back to London muck up the eastbound service for everybody else, firstly because they have to wait in the platform for ages and secondly because it means segregating the fans to let the away fans board first. There has been no policy announcement as far as I am aware, but none have run this season and I suspect that will be the end of them.

PG

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
To be fair that was a very decent and honest read.

I love reading the opposition perspective and they were very complimentary so I will always be happy with that!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
QPR seemed in absolute disarray. It was interesting looking down at the two benches.

Hughton was coolness personified, gently strolling around the technical area, comfortable in the knowledge that his team knew exactly what was expected of them.

Hasselbaink on the other hand, was up and down from his bench, looking on the verge of a seizure for most of the game. He's got a LOT of work to do in the summer, assuming he's still in the job.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
QPR seemed in absolute disarray. It was interesting looking down at the two benches.

Hughton was coolness personified, gently strolling around the technical area, comfortable in the knowledge that his team knew exactly what was expected of them.

Hasselbaink on the other hand, was up and down from his bench, looking on the verge of a seizure for most of the game. He's got a LOT of work to do in the summer, assuming he's still in the job.

How could they sack the coolest name in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here