Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok give us your dream season finale then........

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Here's mine:

Boro beat Birmingham by a goal but draw to Ipswich - They're on 90.
Burnley lose to Preston by a goal, then beat QPR by 2 or more - They're on 87.
Albion beat Charlton and Derby but not by enough to overhaul the GD on Boro. We're on 90.

The last minutes of the Boro game.... News from the Valley is that Burnley are comprehensively beating Charlton. Both teams look they're content to play out the draw. Boro happy to draw for the title and we're happy to settle for 2nd and promotion. But what's this!!???!!! Someone hasn't read the script! It's the 3rd minute of injury time and the ball bobbles up for Skalak around 35 yards out. He hits it --- BOOSH! A screamer. Unstoppable. Boro goalie doesn't even move. We go ballistic. Final whistle goes and we are presented with the Championship trophy in front of the stunned Boro fans who suddenly find themselves in the play-offs on GD.* Queue open top bus parade around Brighton the following week and Chris Hughton being given the keys to the city.

What's yours?

*Not that I have any particular love for Burnley over Boro. I just think the above scenario would be extremely ****ing funny! :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Preston beat Burnley with a winner in the 98th minute

Charlton 0 Albion 3

Albion 2 Derby 1 - Zamora 99th minute winner.

Burnley 0 QPR 0 - Barton sent off.

Dyche explodes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Far too exciting for my anus's liking. I'd rather we went into the final game already promoted (Burnley draw and lose their next 2) and needing to beat Boro for the championship.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We win our games, don't give a shit what anyone else does then.

Promotion party at Boro.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Preston beat Burnley with a winner in the 98th minute

Charlton 0 Albion 3

Albion 2 Derby 1 - Zamora 99th minute winner.

Burnley 0 QPR 0 - Barton sent off.

Dyche explodes.

This'll do, but with the Preston goal is later shown to be clearly MILES offside on the replays, which is shown to Dyche during his live TV post-match interview.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Burnley concede late equalisers to Preston and QPR (a Barton o.g. and clearly offside goal off of Clint Hill's arm), after seeing the Albion win 14-0 at Charlton who take the field with only 8 men (14 different goal scorers incl Dave and Liam) and 1-0 via a controversial 99th minute, twice re-taken penalty vs Derby.
Boro beat Ipswich and draw at Brum - both with 95th minute oggies - and both Boro and Brighton are still laughing so hard at Dyche's reaction that they completely fail to kick the ball towards the goals at the Riverside, leaving BHA as (still chuckling) champions and us enjoying the splendid hospitality of the locals in a party paid for by a grateful Mr Gibson. Lovely stuff

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Burnley lose to Preston and QPR.

We beat Charlton 3-0 and Derby 2-0.

Boro beat Ipswich 1-0 and draw against Birmingham.

We go into the final game top of the league on goals scored with both ourselves and Boro already promoted. It's a 90 minute party where both teams can play an open game safe in the knowledge that they're simply playing to win the league. We win 4-3.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We come third, smash Wednesday :lolol: 11-1 on aggregate in the semi's (Dunk og), go to Wembley on a hot sunny May day v Derby with 40,000 Sussex mad alchys and play them off the park to a 5-1 victory and a middle finger salute for two seasons ago.

Just covering the Play Off base.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
After beating 'Boro to go up, getting covered in a parmo by Rachel Riley and Carol Vorderman whilst having two from the top and four from the bottom.

Surely it will be the other way around? :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll tell you what it isn't:

Burnley win tomorrow, we scrape past Charlton then absolutely f*ck it up at home to Derby and then have to watch Burnley and Boro both win, with Boro securing promotion and Burnley knowing a win at Charlton sends them up too.

Sorry, those have been my vomit inducing thoughts all morning. :down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
4 added minutes.

Boro take the lead in the 92nd minute and play keep ball up our end.

96th minute - ref added on extra time due to Boro's celebrations.
Stockdale punts the ball long.
Strong gust of wind.
Ball sails over Konstantopoulos and nestles in the net.

Wild celebrations as news comes through that Charlton scored in 91st and 95th minutes against Burnley to win.

Burnley miss out, Barton goes ballistic and has a go at Dyche.
Both men receive their marching orders and a long ban from the FA for the ensuing fracas.

NURSE!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I really can't envisage Burnley losing at Preston like so many of our fans do on here.

Hopefully on the last day of the season at the Riverside I don't get my head kicked in for celebrating when we score when in amongst the home fans, will have to try and look shocked and surprised. I'm working on it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here