Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Plan for Lower Attendances in the Championship

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Aston Villa are slowly overtaking Newcastle as the biggest joke club in the league - I do feel a little sorry for some of the Villa supporters though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So Villa posted that letter out on MONDAY, offering the chance for "up to 50 supporters" to come and discuss the decision on THURSDAY (tomorrow). Being as the STH's affected by losing their seat next season will probably have only received that letter today, that hardly gives much notice does it. I guess that was probably the idea.

What a sad joke that once proud club has become.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Aston Villa are slowly overtaking Newcastle as the biggest joke club in the league - I do feel a little sorry for some of the Villa supporters though.

I don't get this view, and for me it just buys into the sense of top flight entitlement prevalent in the media and certain sections of supporters where clubs like Villa and NUFC are concerned. Why not instead 'feel sorry' for supporters of Bury, Scunthorpe, Wrexham and fans of countless other lesser clubs that will probably never dine at 'the top table' of the football pyramid or win significant honours.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't get this view, and for me it just buys into the sense of top flight entitlement prevalent in the media and certain sections of supporters where clubs like Villa and NUFC are concerned. Why not instead 'feel sorry' for supporters of Bury, Scunthorpe, Wrexham and fans of countless other lesser clubs that will probably never dine at 'the top table' of the football pyramid or win significant honours.

Simple. SKY,The Media and let alone the FA are simply not interested.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

I guess I feel sorry for them because of who is in charge and the way their club is currently being run. Maybe our own experiences with Archer and Bellotti might have something to do with that. I take your point though....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oracle owner Larry Ellison is supposedly interested in buying a stake in the club. As he's richer than all the other owners of Championship clubs put together, that could be a serious investment

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I guess I feel sorry for them because of who is in charge and the way their club is currently being run. Maybe our own experiences with Archer and Bellotti might have something to do with that. I take your point though....

Bury have won two more FA Cup's than us !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here