Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

270 Mins from glory and Chris Hughton can become Albion's all time great...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a big ask,game by game i just have thoroughly enjoyed this year,even if we miss out altogether it's been a superb effort....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Or of course if Burnley do not win either of their next, or Boro lose both their next two, we're only 180 minutes from glory :) :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
never had a better chance now since the Notts County play off final many many years ago

At this stage we had a better chance then than we do just right this moment but i share the point,as for your OP,think CH will be my No1..been some good managers tho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keeping my feet on the ground. This has been a fabulous season but the buzz feels exactly the same as it was before that fateful game against Palace, when we all thought we'd go all the way ( even if we didn't come right out and say it at the time)

It is only three games and this is the best TEAM we have had for decades IMO but I can't help feeling very very nervous. If CH can see us over the line he has to be up there with Mullery as an all time great.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If WE go UP, then Hughton will be No.1 on the all time GREAT Albion managers list taking over from Mullers, the 78/79 team only had to improve a place that season from the previous and were one of the favourites. We had to improve 20 places from last season competing with all the BIG spenders too so that is a BETTER achievement than Mullers in 1979

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
If he gets us automatically promoted he will be an INSTANT legend

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Keeping my feet on the ground. This has been a fabulous season but the buzz feels exactly the same as it was before that fateful game against Palace, when we all thought we'd go all the way ( even if we didn't come right out and say it at the time)

It is only three games and this is the best TEAM we have had for decades IMO but I can't help feeling very very nervous. If CH can see us over the line he has to be up there with Mullery as an all time great.

Does CH need to get us over the line to be up there? His achievement this season , along with the sublime football we've played is surely sufficient for him to be in the top 5, if not top 3?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does CH need to get us over the line to be up there? His achievement this season , along with the sublime football we've played is surely sufficient for him to be in the top 5, if not top 3?

Fair comment

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Its got to happen to him.
I have not been this upbeat about Brighton since 1983 and the return to Brighton after being out in the wilderness.
Up there with Jimmy Melia for the feel good factor :thumbsup:

If it's about getting to play-off finals, then I stick to opinions that I've held for many years.

We never deserved to get to Wembley to play Notts County and we certainly didn't deserve to beat them.

Likewise, we never deserved to get to Cardiff and we didn't deserve to beat Bristol City.

This year, however, we deserve much more than a crack at the Premier League by way of a place in the play-offs. We deserve promotion.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
What ever happens from now until the end of the season, he will have the very upmost respect from me.
What he has managed to achieve in a very small space of time is unbelievable.
If he takes us up, he will become a club legend and rightly so.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He's done an amazing job. The work done by him and the recruitment team has been amazing. They've turned round a disastrous summer of signings and then a very poor season to put together by far the best team I have seen in 25 years of watching Albion. I thought we'd improve this season, with Hughton in charge and some good summer signings on paper, but I never dreamed of being in this position with three games to go. Hughton deserves a lot of credit for it. If we go up, he must be manager of the year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

In fairness, while the fans were obviously optimistic, there was clearly a lot going on at the club that weren't aware of. With Hughton in charge, none of that will happen. It will just be calm and professional behind the scenes.

There was also the issue about plan B with Poyet's Championship team. This year's squad seems much more able to adapt. And that bench is so strong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its got to happen to him.
Up there with Jimmy Melia for the feel good factor :thumbsup:

What that clown that got us relegated and was still out of his depth at the start of the following season in Division 2.
If we had won the final and therefore qualified for europe then maybe.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What that clown that got us relegated and was still out of his depth at the start of the following season in Division 2.
If we had won the final and therefore qualified for europe then maybe.

Maybe a clown, but did a lot for getting Brighton to Wembley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here