Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old is your Scarf?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I'm having trouble occupying my mind until I toddle off to catch the 1158 to Charlton on Saturday , so I started thinking about my Albion Scarf. The one I wear to games, and indeed was giving it a bit of a twirl last night when Monsieur Knockeart opened the scoring with that glorious free kick, is one my mother knitted for me in the 1970's to replace the one that she knitted for me in the early 1960's, and which our puppy had chewed to destruction! This same scarf went with me to Wembley in 1983, when a couple of Manure fans tried to mug me for it on my way out of the stadium after the replay.
Any way the question is - who on NSC can lay claim to having the oldest Albion scarf still going ?:albion2:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I don't claim to have the oldest scarf, far from it, but I love my blue and white bar scarf I got during the 90-91 season. Still in use and currently in the car.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you look closely on the The Big Match revisited Newcastle promotion match film you can see me twirling my scarf above my head after Wardy's goal.
I haven't a clue what happened to it though :moo:

Just remembered I used to fly it out of the back window of my MK2 Cortina on away days.
Someone opened the window :down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mine's a rather tatty one I bought for the first Withdean season. But generally I don't wear a scarf. I have over 30 shirts though. I'm very impressed with the OP's schmutter. Nice work :bowdown:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Mine's a rather tatty one I bought for the first Withdean season. But generally I don't wear a scarf. I have over 30 shirts though. I'm very impressed with the OP's schmutter. Nice work :bowdown:

H

I'd had you down for one of those silk numbers with the Dolphins written on them :lol:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Had a blue and white bar scarf from 1986, managed to leave it on train this season after MK Dons home game. Replaced it but not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got rid of my scarf a couple of seasons ago as it was looking worse for wear. I'd had it since I found it on the terrace at the Baseball Ground after our League Cup game in 1976. It lasted 38 years

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My red Albion scarf is from THE Peterborough away game.
I think my blue with red 'fringe' scarf is a little bit older than that.

So that'll be a combined age of somewhere between 60 to 70 years.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
1973 bought at Diggens sports top of George street
Lots of patches sewn on, and holes that have been sewn up, cant remember taking it to a loosing game

Never used now, hidden away in a drawer somewhere

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Had same one from 1979 until 1st game at Amex. Still got old one for special occasions.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I have 4 of them in total.
The newest / youngest was the red one from Peterborough away game mid 80s.
83 cup final scarf.
79 Bukta scarf in red, white and blue.
The oldest being a silk one with the double crest.

el punal

My glorious DOLPHINS scarf is resting in retirement on the kid's bed in the Albion museum. It lasted one season as Dolphin apparel when suddenly we became Seagulls. Being the cheapskate I am I bought two Seagull badges and sewed them over the Dolphin logo. The badges came off when I donated the scarf to the museum. The stains are still there though!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've got three scarves. I wear a relatively new one (about two years old) but kept my blue/white with a bit of red from the 01/02 league title and stored my 1983 Wembley cup final one.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Had a blue and white bar scarf from 1986, managed to leave it on train this season after MK Dons home game. Replaced it but not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutted for you. :cry:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My glorious DOLPHINS scarf is resting in retirement on the kid's bed in the Albion museum. It lasted one season as Dolphin apparel when suddenly we became Seagulls. Being the cheapskate I am I bought two Seagull badges and sewed them over the Dolphin logo. The badges came off when I donated the scarf to the museum. The stains are still there though!

What sort of stains are we talking about :ohmy:

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Not sure to be honest; but it is a Bukta one, with the seagull flying off to the left with blue/white/red border. Very precious to me - obviously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here