Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus up to his old tricks again

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Seems like he will never learn

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ral-by-aek-athens-owner-dimitris-melissanidis

Speaking to the media on Tuesday, a day ahead of AEK's Greek Cup semi-final first-leg match against Atromitos, Poyet further angered the club by revealing details of a private meeting he had held with Melissanidis.

"What he did was unacceptable, it was not the appropriate time to unsettle the team just hours before the semi-final," Melissanidis told reporters.

Now where have I heard that kind of thing before? No mention of ceilings though

D

Deleted member 2719

Gus, really is unbelievable what a tw*t.

He will soon be on their version of MOTD saying he has just had text!

Go Gus :tantrum:

CH is pretty much the opposite thank god!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloke's completely head-mental. Oh well, somebody else's problem now :wave:

How GOOD is it to have a sane and proper football man manager properly focussed on the job in hand? CH :bowdown:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gus for Celtic? :moo:

No idea how high the ceiling is there to be honest.

they have no ceilings in Scottish football, gets in the way of the ball too much.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His contract ends at the close of the season. He has said he's leaving. He's just being honest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No surprises here whatsoever, although if the Greeks had done their homework they'd have known what to expect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't disagree with some of the comments - contract runs out end of season, he has said he won't be staying beyond that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
His contract ends at the close of the season. He has said he's leaving. He's just being honest.

With an option to extend for another year.

He announced to the world that he'd be leaving at the end of the season, hours before a crucial game.
Potentially unsettling players and upsetting supporters.

He could have left everything as it was until after the last game, without causing drama.

Absolute selfish tosser.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With an option to extend for another year.

He announced to the world that he'd be leaving at the end of the season, hours before a crucial game.
Potentially unsettling players and upsetting supporters.

He could have left everything as it was until after the last game, without causing drama.

Absolute selfish tosser.

If you imagine the Greek equivalent of Nsc? There would be pages of threads discussing whether he would accept the option or go. He has settled that by saying he's going. I can't see that it would cause any more disruption.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't Bobby Robson do something similar prior to Italia 90? Didn't do us too much harm did it!

No, quite the opposite. The FA stupidly told him they would not renew his contract prior to the tournament and I seem to recall it was no secret that Taylor was already set to take over.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No, quite the opposite. The FA stupidly told him they would not renew his contract prior to the tournament and I seem to recall it was no secret that Taylor was already set to take over.

Ahhh I see.

Media were quick to paint him as a traitor regardless.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
yes but it seems there was a second season option and he neglected to inform the club he would not be taking it up before announcing it to the press. Technically nothing secret but really not the way to do it as always with Gus

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Derby next season. Which could be good news for a few of our ex-players who I'd imagine would love to link up with him again.

Gus is a good manager who will be keen to play a certain brand of football and therefore require the club to buy his sort of players to allow him to play keep ball. If given the resources he would gain promotion from the championship given enough time but he does like a tantrum and wants everyone to know he isn't top of the league because other people, chairman, recruitment, coaches, players aren't doing things his way, and nothing to do with the lack of any sort of plan B

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here