Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A minutes applause

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Not sure if this has been discussed yet.

Last night we paid our respects to the sad passing of Dennis with a minute of applause. It was carried out perfectly and even the QPR fans joined in and showed great respect.

My only question is, the game was still being played and whilst clapping I did note that within this period, I was drawn to the match at the same time. The minutes applause is quite new and is growing in popularity but is it a good thing? Are we really pausing to think of the fallen whilst clapping and are we really paying our respects, when our minds and attentions are often watching the match.

I know its only a minute but I am not sure I think this is a good thing that is developing and would prefer a minute before the match, everyone focussed and paying their respects, in silence or in applause but not during a match, surely??

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Not sure if this has been discussed yet.

Last night we paid our respects to the sad passing of Dennis with a minute of applause. It was carried out perfectly and even the QPR fans joined in and showed great respect.

My only question is, the game was still being played and whilst clapping I did note that within this period, I was drawn to the match at the same time. The minutes applause is quite new and is growing in popularity but is it a good thing? Are we really pausing to think of the fallen whilst clapping and are we really paying our respects, when our minds and attentions are often watching the match.

I know its only a minute but I am not sure I think this is a good thing that is developing and would prefer a minute before the match, everyone focussed and paying their respects, in silence or in applause but not during a match, surely??
I agree think it should be before match.
I looked at QPR bench while applause was going on,every member was on their feet applauding. Well done QPR

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
interesting thoughts. I was thinking how the players must feel. Would it be disrespectful to score a goal. What would the ref do if a thrown in was conceded and the player put the ball down and started clapping.
Noticeable how quiet it was in the minutes leading up to the clock ticking over. But once again absolute solidarity amongst 'fans', home and away alike.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think Bruno took a bit longer than normal to take the throw in and the ref didn't hurry him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here