Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If it has to be the play-offs

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think we can win it, none of the other teams will want to play us and I firmly believe CH and the players will be well up for getting what would be a deserved play off victory at Wembley. Positive thinking - if we can't go up automatically then we will smash the play offs :)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't, I'm convinced we'll lose to Sheff Wed.

We have never won at Hillsborough and apart from that meaningless cup semi-final in 1983, we have a terrible record against them.....but records are there to be broken. To me, it is beginning to look like a Wembley date with Derby.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember if we do end up in the playoffs we will have suffered a major punch to the gut having missed out on the autos.
I don't think that will be a problem. At the moment the players will assume we have to win 3 to go up. If we're in the playoffs we don't have to win any within 90 minutes, so the players will look at it as an easier challenge.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't think that will be a problem. At the moment the players will assume we have to win 3 to go up. If we're in the playoffs we don't have to win any within 90 minutes, so the players will look at it as an easier challenge.

I also think with the team spirit we have, we will be suitably fired up for the play-off challenge. Turn the disappointment of missing out (if we do) into passion and desire to take the playoffs and tear them a new one.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Can't see much further than the play-offs at the moment as I think we'll struggle to beat Derby. Hopefully the game against Boro isn't a complete dead rubber as the amount of empty seats would be embarrassing.

That being said, I do genuinely believe that this team would be able to harness the disappointment of missing out on automatic promotion and turn it in to motivation for the play-offs, and as we all know this team has more than enough quality.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Play offs are brilliant

However the in form team usually wins them and that could be any of them because all the teams in the play offs are in decent form, so it would be hard to predict from this lot. For that reason and for the fact that early Promotion gives the behind the scenes an extra two weeks to plan for next season which is quite critical nowadays given the amount of money involved in the Premiership

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We've just gone a step closer to winning the league. Burnley are going to mess up on Friday, mark my words.

The Play-offs will be where Joey Barton will shed a garlic tear.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
What are the likely play off dates?

Leg 1: Friday 13th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Away)
Leg 2: Monday 16th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Home)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
What are the likely play off dates?

Leg 1: Friday 13th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Away)
Leg 2: Monday 16th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Home)

Have they defined yet which is Match A & which is Match B? Could 3rd v 6th be the Sat/Tues games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here