May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Capture.PNG
That's the spirit Simon!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This one is MASSIVE. Burnley do seem to fluke late equalisers and results even when they are playing shite though.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
if we were 10th and they were 11th it'd be a massive game. In some senses the fact that it's a derby almost makes the needed 3 points an irrelevance. Imagine you were playing Pompey in a similar situation!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I take it that the Preston V Burnley rivalry is a bit like the Brighton V Southampton one....not our main rivals but good for bragging rights?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
if we were 10th and they were 11th it'd be a massive game. In some senses the fact that it's a derby almost makes the needed 3 points an irrelevance. Imagine you were playing Pompey in a similar situation!

God, is it like that? So Preston will be well up for this.

Excellent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A draw between Preston and Burnley will help us, but not massively.

A Preston win, on the other hand, would be of absolutely huge assistance.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
only 23 miles apart,thought it was more than that

don't forget Preston won 2-0 at Turf Moor

yeah definantely needle in this one

which can only help us

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A draw between Preston and Burnley will help us, but not massively.

A Preston win, on the other hand, would be of absolutely huge assistance.
Draw would still be decent as it gives chance for mboro to already grab promotion by the time we play them

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I take it that the Preston V Burnley rivalry is a bit like the Brighton V Southampton one....not our main rivals but good for bragging rights?

Sort of, I'm not from Burnley but from following them for a good while it's this game and the Rovers match which is classed as a derby. PNE will really be up for it. In one way this might give the players a mental break, they won't see the PNE match as a must win for the 3 points as part of the promotion chase but a must win simply because it's PNE.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not a game Burnley would have picked as a must win for promotion. Preston will absolutely love it if they spoil Burnleys push, and so will I.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Draw would still be decent as it gives chance for mboro to already grab promotion by the time we play them
But not the title. They'd be up but would still be motivated to prevent defeat in order to win the title. It doesn't make a great deal of difference to us if Boro still have something to play for, whether that is the title or mere promotion.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely our partial wish is for violence to break out at Deepdale, and not in the stands. Twitchy little thugs like Barton could bring about some worthy and red-card inducing fisticuffs.
As much as i appreciate Grayson's words and intention to maintain their spirit and momentum, when you're approaching the finish line and you have some glory to fight for you do have it in you to battle a little harder. And Preston's aim for a pleasant dosage of pride seems a little lesser than that plus impossible riches. Fingers crossed though.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
This PNE match should in theory be tough one for Burnley, I said on here a while ago that the average number of points away teams take away from Deepdale was less than 1.0 so a draw is actually a good result for them in a vacuum. There's every chance they may leave with nothing at all!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
FACTS
For BHA to be promoted on May Day, thus not depending on a result last game, Burnley need to drop 4 points (presuming we win next two). That's two draws in their next two games.
Truth is we need a result at Boro and could be third on 90 points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here