Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Pelliccis, Bethnal Green Road, or there is also one round the corner from the tube at the beginning of Cambridge Heath Road, not sure what the Breakfasts are like but the steak pies are simply to die for in HT speak , or you could always wait until about 11 am and have double double at kellys !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pelliccis, Bethnal Green Road, or there is also one round the corner from the tube at the beginning of Cambridge Heath Road, not sure what the Breakfasts are like but the steak pies are simply to die for in HT speak , or you could always wait until about 11 am and have double double at kellys !!

Cheers. Need to ensure a well lined stomach before Charlton.

I have a book on "Formica cafes" and I am certain Pelliccis is in it. I'll report back.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Cheers. Need to ensure a well lined stomach before Charlton.

I have a book on "Formica cafes" and I am certain Pelliccis is in it. I'll report back.
I half suspected that you posted this for a bet to see if it was me that replied :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I half suspected that you posted this for a bet to see if it was me that replied :lolol:

:thumbsup: It was an open post but if I was a betting man.............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm well versed in the craft beer options in this neck of the woods due to a good friend. We have a pretty good post-match crawl lined up.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm well versed in the craft beer options in this neck of the woods due to a good friend. We have a pretty good post-match crawl lined up.
Im not even going to the game mate, Ive agreed to box on a charity do in a couple of weeks so im not drinking, and at my age to say im regretting agreeing to fight and finding training hard would be an understatement.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Im not even going to the game mate, Ive agreed to box on a charity do in a couple of weeks so im not drinking, and at my age to say im regretting agreeing to fight and finding training hard would be an understatement.

Good effort. Looking forward to a video clip of the highlights.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] met [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]...

Cereal-Killer-cafe-London-010.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good effort. Looking forward to a video clip of the highlights.
Will try and post some , come along and watch if you want , i'll be the boxer very good at blocking punches with my jaw :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For a more continental breakfast the Turkish place by the post office in Globe Town (Bow end of Roman Road) is excellent

I'm not sure I fancy a kebab at 9am

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For a more continental breakfast the Turkish place by the post office in Globe Town (Bow end of Roman Road) is excellent

I'm sure it very good but I miss a good FEB.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you're in 'the know' about London cafes.....Deptford? I'll be drinking in the Dog & Bell before the game - was a lovely pub last time I was in there and still looks good now
sorry mate , dont really know deptford, why not try a bit of pie and mash ?

theboybilly

sorry mate , dont really know deptford, why not try a bit of pie and mash ?

Is it still there? (the pie and mash shop I mean) Manze's if I recall - and jolly good they were too

EDIT: It wasn't Manze & Co, it was Goddards - and they are still there. I might just pop in and relive some fond memories.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
If you're in 'the know' about London cafes.....Deptford? I'll be drinking in the Dog & Bell before the game - was a lovely pub last time I was in there and still looks good now

That was my local for years in the eighties. Loved the place. Fantastic doorstop sandwiches. Well kept cellar. Laura the beautiful barmaid who married Eric Sykes' son Dave. Danny Wallace's dad. Greta the Princess of Norway. Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here