Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Imagine if tonight was at the Goldstone.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
There would of been surges galore on the terraces and the odd pitch encroatchment i do miss the old days but the stewrds would just like us to be at a tennis match . Never mind thats modetn football if big If i hope theres a pitch invasion v Derby IF we clinch it UTA

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There would of been surges galore on the terraces and the odd pitch encroatchment i do miss the old days but the stewrds would just like us to be at a tennis match . Never mind thats modetn football if big If i hope theres a pitch invasion v Derby IF we clinch it UTA

No pitch invasion with the fencing up,

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Please for God's sake can we not get ahead of ourselves.

I still shudder to think of the complacency and borderline arrogance of the discussions of pitch invasions, Wembley Seating and the like before the play-off semi-finals. Never again.

Burnley's unbeaten run is showing no signs of abating and Borough are flying at the minute (tonight's draw notwithstanding). For what it's worth, an invasion would be magical but let's talk about that a bit nearer the time :thumbsup:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

I did not see you surge forward or try and get on the pitch. Were they imaginary stewards? Must try harder next time. I also have been replaying the 1966 cup final and didn't happen there either.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I still shudder to think of the complacency and borderline arrogance of the discussions of pitch invasions, Wembley Seating and the like before the play-off semi-finals. Never again.

Burnley's unbeaten run is showing no signs of abating and Borough are flying at the minute (tonight's draw notwithstanding). For what it's worth, an invasion would be magical but let's talk about that a bit nearer the time :thumbsup:

Why do people keep trotting out this stuff as if our opposition are demi-gods to be bowed down to. The facts are that Burnley have 4 draws and 2 wins from their last 6 games, scoring 7 goals in the process, while Brighton have 5 wins and 1 draw, scoring 17. "Flying" Boro have 5 wins and 1 draw from their last 6 games - sound familiar?

We just need to make sure we win our next game (hopefully improving our goal difference along the way as insurance) - one game at a time, but stop bleating on about how the others are so fantastic!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why do people keep trotting out this stuff as if our opposition are demi-gods to be bowed down to. The facts are that Burnley have 4 draws and 2 wins from their last 6 games, scoring 7 goals in the process, while Brighton have 5 wins and 1 draw, scoring 17. "Flying" Boro have 5 wins and 1 draw from their last 6 games - sound familiar?

We just need to make sure we win our next game (hopefully improving our goal difference along the way as insurance) - one game at a time, but stop bleating on about how the others are so fantastic!

Agreed. We have a puzzling inferiority complex that thankfully the players don't share. Quite like it in a way because some of the Burnley and Boro supporters have an irritating sense of entitlement. But the bottom line is that both have been grinding out results for weeks in a way we only had to do once so far - at Forest. On their day, these players can beat anyone.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Are you Harry Potter?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Agreed. We have a puzzling inferiority complex that thankfully the players don't share. Quite like it in a way because some of the Burnley and Boro supporters have an irritating sense of entitlement. But the bottom line is that both have been grinding out results for weeks in a way we only had to do once so far - at Forest. On their day, these players can beat anyone.

Eh?

We've had our fingers burnt before in this department. Nothing to do with a reverence for the other two or any kind of inferiority complex.

My points stand: Burnley (and I agree they really aren't all that) are on an unbeaten run almost as long as ours at the beginning of the season and we have to win at the home of a team that smashed us 3-0 on our own patch not so long ago. These *Benitez voice* are the facts.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Eh?

We've had our fingers burnt before in this department. Nothing to do with a reverence for the other two or any kind of inferiority complex.

My points stand: Burnley (and I agree they really aren't all that) are on an unbeaten run almost as long as ours at the beginning of the season and we have to win at the home of a team that smashed us 3-0 on our own patch not so long ago. These *Benitez voice* are the facts.

Yep we were ttonked at home by Boro, with a team that only had 6 of last nights starting 11 and a subs bench that included Crofts, Ince, Chicksen and Manu.

The current team and bench is a million miles away from the squad we cobbled together that day!

Hopefully Boro have the same attitude as you and are complacent having beaten us before...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Yep we were ttonked at home by Boro, with a team that only had 6 of last nights starting 11 and a subs bench that included Crofts, Ince, Chicksen and Manu.

The current team and bench is a million miles away from the squad we cobbled together that day!

Hopefully Boro have the same attitude as you and are complacent having beaten us before...

Well at least there's something we can agree on :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
there would of been surges galore on the terraces and the odd pitch encroatchment i do miss the old days but the stewrds would just like us to be at a tennis match . Never mind thats modetn football if big if i hope theres a pitch invasion v derby if we clinch it uta

that's why i don't bother mate, you know the score :wave:
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the only promotion clinching night at the Goldstone I can remember was Sheff Wed

was in the North and it was mental

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
the only promotion clinching night at the Goldstone I can remember was Sheff Wed

was in the North and it was mental

I was in the North for Rochdale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here