Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock made the difference

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is why he is so important to us.

First half, we were dominated in midfield, no pressure on their midfield and back four. Sam baldock comes on and they no longer have any time on the ball, he chases everything down. Suddenly, the 2nd balls are falling to us and we start scoring for fun.

He has to start in the last 3.

Seaaaaaaagulls!!!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Baldock is a classic example of a unappreciated off the ball player, chases down everything and by doing this also creates space between the defence and midfield lines of the opposition for others to exploit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Baldock is a classic example of a unappreciated off the ball player, chases down everything and by doing this also creates space between the defence and midfield lines of the opposition for others to exploit.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - off the ball, Baldock is the best striker we have had for years. If his finishing was as good, we'd have a top top player on our hands.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've said it before and I'll say it again - off the ball, Baldock is the best striker we have had for years. If his finishing was as good, we'd have a top top player on our hands.
I love him. He just needs to stay fit and have a decent run in the team. I still believe the goals will follow

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Has he actually had that many chances to score this season? I can think of a couple he should have scored but not that many - certainly not as many as CMS had.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
But we can't risk him getting injured. Him starting with the option of Wilson replacing with 20 mins to go should keep him fresh.

Fair enough but we can't risk having starts like the last two games, an early goal for either side would've changed the game. Granted baldock didn't come on against Fulham but tonight he completely put a stop to QPR's dominance on the ball. Perhaps save him for Derby and Boro and hope he doesn't need to come on against Charlton. He is the best non goal scoring striker I've ever seen :lolol:.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
It helped that QPR had to become even more attacking than they already were once we went 1-0 ahead. More space for us to play in, more chances on the break. Rather like Friday night

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Clearly you didn't watch him today. He chased down every ball and forced multiple errors from QPR and released the pressure on us allowing us to score almost at will. If you can't see this you are blinded by your foolish hatred of him.
Rubbish. Just, rubbish. He was laughable again tonight, no threat, no impact and just huffing and puffing around like the team owes him something. Terrible player at this level, even in a team ripping QPR apart he was invisible and didn't threaten to score.

Poor player, ridiculous praise again for him. I don't like him because he's terrible, only reason.

theboybilly

Rubbish. Just, rubbish. He was laughable again tonight, no threat, no impact and just huffing and puffing around like the team owes him something. Terrible player at this level, even in a team ripping QPR apart he was invisible and didn't threaten to score.

Poor player, ridiculous praise again for him. I don't like him because he's terrible, only reason.

Is there a Brighton player you do like?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Such a blinkered view of what he brings to the team. We'll have to agree to disagree, but you're wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I assumed you'd either be avoiding this thread out of embarrassment or being man enough to eat some humble pie on tonight's performance - but bizarrely you're actually still slating him!? :lol: Clueless.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough but we can't risk having starts like the last two games, an early goal for either side would've changed the game. Granted baldock didn't come on against Fulham but tonight he completely put a stop to QPR's dominance on the ball. Perhaps save him for Derby and Boro and hope he doesn't need to come on against Charlton. He is the best non goal scoring striker I've ever seen :lolol:.

Jayjay Okocha. Started every game up fron fror Bolton, was adored, and scored no goals :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here