Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great night for us...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Two sides in our grasp now and we look red hot at the moment...Rather chase two spots than one and if it comes to the last game then so be it as we are looking the more confident of the three:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Happy days

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Exciting stuff.

Preston away was classed by most on here as a decent point at the time, and as a hard place to go. If Burnley only get a point there on Friday, then you go into the box seat. Up the Lilywhites

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not too fussed about the equaliser - any result was going to be good as long as we won our game. A Burnley win would have been the worst result. We'll take it for sure - both are now firmly in our sites...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Boro have got to play B'ham, Ipswich and us.
Burnley away against a solid Preston side, kicking off in less than 69 hours time.
We play a relegated Charlton next, and there'll be a toxic home atmosphere, and a buoyant away one.

Win against Charlton, and the momentum will really be with us for the last two games. Win big against Charlton, and then goal difference all of a sudden comes into play.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Still Can't make my mind up what the best result would have been
Felt good going into 2nd for a while then Back down to 3rd with late equaliser, but on the other hand can now catch 2 teams instead of one ........ Oh I'm so confused, suppose we'll only know if it was the right result come the end of the season and we get promoted

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Exciting stuff.

Preston away was classed by most on here as a decent point at the time, and as a hard place to go. If Burnley only get a point there on Friday, then you go into the box seat. Up the Lilywhites

Preston manager Simon Grayson after tonight's draw at Birmingham:

"We showed fantastic character to get back in the game and it was the right result when you see the number of saves Tomasz Kuszczak had to make and the times we hit the post.

"We want to maintain where we are in the league and not drop out of the top-10 position where we are at present.

"We are now looking to a good home game against Burnley when I hope that we can get all three points."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disastrous equaliser for us. Even if burnley draw v Preston we will need to win all 3 games now.
Winning all three games was always going to be the requirement anyway, unless one of the other two goes into freefall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow! You've got an iPad? - guess we all wanted to know that. Instructions how to switch that off are available on the get rid of tapatalk thread.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Never in my wildest dreams, after we got smashed by Cardiff, did I think we would of clawed back the goal difference and still be not only in with a chance of promotion but also a chance of being champions !!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Disastrous equaliser for us. Even if burnley draw v Preston we will need to win all 3 games now.

You're guessing / assuming Boro win their 2 and Burnley their other 2. We won't know if it was good or bad until the end of the season really. Certainly not 'disastrous' as 1 point vanished into thin air as a result of it..

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It was always the case. We win all our games and go up.

3 wins is easier than the 4 we needed earlier today.

Forget the rest, it's all about beating Charlton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

That's only true if they only draw one. If Burnley draw their next two and we win ours, the 'Boro game would be irrelevant for us.

The way the fixtures fall, should Burnley draw against Preston and we beat Charlton and then Derby at home, they will go into their 4:45 game against QPR on Bank Holiday Monday five points behind us and having to win it to give themselves a chance on the last day.

Burnley's equaliser also leaves us two instead of four points behind Middlesbrough. If we win our next two and they get a win and lose one, we could go there just needing a point to finish above them. If we could turn around the goal difference, then 'Boro would have to win both of their next two to stop us finishing above them with a draw at their place.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wouldn't go so far as calling it a disastrous result but it is a little disappointing. It would have been nice going to Middlesbrough knowing that they didn't have anything riding on the game but that is unlikely to be the case now. We knew after Burnley that we had to win our final seven games to guarantee promotion. We're 4/7ths of the way through and looking good so its not the end of the world, it just would have been nicer to have it a little easier. On the plus side as the OP states, the title is now back on.

Siney

Jan 22, 2008
Why are people acting like the equaliser means nothing, its a huge point for Burnley and a point that could put us out of the top 2 come the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here