Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Gove about to speak...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I never thought I'd be interested in anything he had to say but I'm hoping he gives the remain camp a massive broadside in a little while......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This should see a few move move to the remain camp

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The man is obnoxious - the Brexit camp are welcome to him along with Farage and ****ing Boris Johnson......a line up of truly lunatic proportions.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
In terms of PR, the Brexit lot don't help themselves. Is there a man with a more "punch me and never stop punching me" face than Michael Gove? Having him involved in the 'Clean for the Queen' campaign made me want to go flytipping on the South Downs...

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
Would this help 'out' the xenophobes if I run it up your flagpoles?

images.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The man is obnoxious - the Brexit camp are welcome to him along with Farage and ****ing Boris Johnson......a line up of truly lunatic proportions.

Don't forget Galloway!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I never thought I'd be interested in anything he had to say but I'm hoping he gives the remain camp a massive broadside in a little while......

Authoritative, witty, convincing, an excellent speech covering all the substantive issues with intellectual rigour and gravitas.

For those more interested in the trivialities of who we like/dislike may I present Osborne, Hunt, Corbyn, Abbott, all on your side of the fence :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never seen a total bell end who looked more like a total bell end than Michael "life of privilege" Gove.
Then to confirm it he opens his mouth and the silver spoon falls out along with his usual drivel of ill-informed, wholly unexplained and totally unjustified crap masquerading as "the truth"............ complete and utter tosser

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Authoritative, witty, convincing, an excellent speech covering all the substantive issues with intellectual rigour and gravitas.

For those more interested in the trivialities of who we like/dislike may I present Osborne, Hunt, Corbyn, Abbott, all on your side of the fence :lolol:

Don't forget Blair and Cameron

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Except that's not actually true, is it?

1) Osborne asked a specific question: Why would Germany and France agree to giving the UK an EU-relationship deal that would be better than the one they’ve got themselves? If EU states were to agree to this, there would be no point in any of the other 27 states staying in. Gove didn't answer it and just took as as given that they would
2) Not one mention of import/export duties. His speech is online HERE and I've searched myself - he literally ignores that question completely too.

One thing he did do, that I haven't seen from anyone else on the Out campaign, is to give us a clue which model he actually wants after leaving: he implies (though I think he still doesn't state it explicitly) that he doesn't want to be part of the single market - in fact he kind of implied he'd be fine if the whole thing collapsed. That's a start at least - but how many others in the Leave camp will hang on to the Norway model?

D

Deleted member 22389

Never seen a total bell end who looked more like a total bell end than Michael "life of privilege" Gove.
Then to confirm it he opens his mouth and the silver spoon falls out along with his usual drivel of ill-informed, wholly unexplained and totally unjustified crap masquerading as "the truth"............ complete and utter tosser

Interesting reading, should put your silver spoon comment to bed. Seems like he worked to get where he is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove#Early_life_and_career_outside_Parliament

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting reading, should put your silver spoon comment to bed. Seems like he worked to get where he is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove#Early_life_and_career_outside_Parliament

If I wrote a Wikipedia page it might give a very different spin. He was brought up in what the vast majority would consider relative privilege which he and his backers have worked to underplay and has subsequently adopted the mantle big time. An unpleasant man and the consequences of his ever attaining his self ambition would be grim for those who don't fit in to his view of worthfulness

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Except that's not actually true, is it?

1) Osborne asked a specific question: Why would Germany and France agree to giving the UK an EU-relationship deal that would be better than the one they’ve got themselves? If EU states were to agree to this, there would be no point in any of the other 27 states staying in. Gove didn't answer it and just took as as given that they would
2) Not one mention of import/export duties. His speech is online HERE and I've searched myself - he literally ignores that question completely too.

One thing he did do, that I haven't seen from anyone else on the Out campaign, is to give us a clue which model he actually wants after leaving: he implies (though I think he still doesn't state it explicitly) that he doesn't want to be part of the single market - in fact he kind of implied he'd be fine if the whole thing collapsed. That's a start at least - but how many others in the Leave camp will hang on to the Norway model?

I'm sure Gove would know that Germany and France relationship with the Eu is judged on a very different criteria to ours as they are founding members and fully signed up to ever closer Union.Trade comes a poor second to the political project. Which sort of invalidates the question, as being outside this wonderful institution automatically place us at a terrible disadvantage (according to them) which is why no answer was given?

He can't set out what the specifics of import export duties would be as that is entirely dependant on future negotiations, He can only set out the broad terms of the possible benefits of Brexit which I know is frustrating but better than making stupid definitive claims like we will always be worse of outside the EU.

Saying that I would have liked the Leave side to set out a clearer template with firm commitments which we can hold them to if we vote out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I despised him when he was the Education Secretary. I'm backing him now though!

I despised him then, too. He has done nothing, and said nothing to alter my view of him.

As [MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] posted earlier, he ignores all the important questions. Any analysis done that gives positive reasons why staying in Europe would be good for us is dismissed as scaremongering. No evidence is ever given as to why leaving would be good for us, financially and strategically.

But him, Boris, Galloway and Farage...bloody Hell, what a dream team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here