Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gabby Agbonlahor the most stupid player in the Premier League?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Smoking a shisha pipe in March was bad. Putting on a stone in weight and being unfit to make the matchday squad is very bad. But partying in the Mayfair Hotel on Saturday night hours after Villa were relegated is surely the end for him?

The media is today reporting that Gabby Agbonlahor faces the wrath of Aston Villa supporters after being pictured 'on a laughing gas and booze binge' just hours after the club were relegated from the Premier League. The 29-year-old striker, who has scored just one league goal this season, was reportedly partying with friends at London's Mayfair Hotel on Saturday night.

The hotel room in which Agbonlahor and friends were allegedly staying in was pictured littered with gas canisters, thought to contain the legal high nitrous oxide.

He is a one-club man, a local boy, an England international and Villa legend. He could have lived off that status for the rest of his life, yet he's thrown it all away. And not only that but who would sign him now? If he's lucky and knuckles down he might get a few games for Coventry or Walsall. Just unbelievable.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Well he has competition for most stupid. He has however wasted what could have been a great career. No way back at this stage for him I fear.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was thinking of starting a thread on Villa but let's carry on with this one. I see that two directors Mervyn King and David Bernstein resigned yesterday - only months after joining. How could the club let two people of their experience, nous and contacts leave?

I've seen badly-run clubs in my time but I can't recall ANY club where the business and administration side is in a mess; the managerial side is in a mess and there are players like Agbonlahor and Lescott doing pretty much as they please. Normally one part of the triangle is trying to get things sorted but it's like a free-for-all there.

Why on earth would any manager or player with any self-respect want to go there?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It would appear that he doesn't care about any of that legend stuff, the one-club-man business and all that.

And I would imagine that his bank balance will allow him not to care, in luxurious comfort, for the rest of his life.

Horrible attitude, horrible man.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He is certainly not doing what is expected of him

But there is surely the potential that something else is going on here. He has had a year of weird acting after what looked like an unblemished career.

I know his Mrs kicked him out, maybe he is struggling with that? These guys aren't saints, many of us would probably have a few drinks and try and forget if things went badly for us at work, and he probably wasn't expecting these pictures/stories to get out

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Agbonlahor could, and should, have been a much better player than he is.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whilst I have every confidence in the powers that be at BHA, the possibility of employing such CJTCs is my only reservation regarding reaching the PL.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he has always had a few things going against him .....apparently not very sharp at all and now this would seem to be verified.....if he was a honky we could call him white trash .....he's a nailed on knob and will probably end up sharing a bench with hendrie and gazza.....if gazza sticks around long enough...:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One-club players who play 300+ games often end up either as a Club Ambassador or as a TV pundit, or both. He could have been the Villa go-to guy in the same way that Sky use Phil Thompson for Liverpool or Matt Le Tissier for Southampton, he could have been an ambassador like Gary Mabbutt for Spurs or Geoff Hurst for West Ham. The fact that he's black and TV companies try and get a racial balance would also have been in his favour.

When the loan window was open and Agbonlahor wasn't getting a game for Villa I had a look at his stats and they are shocking over the last couple of seasons, and the bloke hasn't even turned 30 yet.

If he's lucky he'll find a manager like Leon Best has done in Neil Warnock at Rotherham that might kick-start his career, or he could go the way of Carlton Cole and sign for a "big" club like Celtic, then disappear without trace.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If he's lucky he'll find a manager like Leon Best has done in Neil Warnock at Rotherham that might kick-start his career, or he could go the way of Carlton Cole and sign for a "big" club like Celtic, then disappear without trace.

Gabby's game relied on his pace, that has gone now and he has stopped scoring as a result, he's still a decent finisher but can't get ahead of the last man.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him move to US and try and rejuvenate his career like Defoe did. Will most likely slide into oblivion though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here