Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley v Boro

Burnley v Boro

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've discussed it to death. Time to make your preference and predictions known.

Poll to follow...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Looking at both of their fixtures, they have relatively easy fixtures. That said, Burnley have to play Preston who'd I'd imagine want as high of a finish as possible but still a winnable game for them. I think I'd take a draw tonight, because an Albion win would bring us within 2 points of top and that gives us a greater chance of a top 2 finish rather than fighting for 2nd if Boro win. 1st wouldn't be out of reach if Boro do win, but it makes it tougher for us and a draw would mean more pressure.

0-0 for me, Albion win

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Need a Burnley tonking, like Boro did to us but I just know its going to be 2-0 to Burnley, if fact I might put money on a Burnley win just to jinx it

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Massive if. But I want Boro and Preston wins v Burnley this week. We do what we need to b QPR and Charlton sets up a massive Monday V Derby which will hopefully see us promoted. If Boro fancy dropping 2 silly points v someone else at sometime so the final day is a game with no pressure as both are promoted but we are only 2 points behind so we can play for the title that be the icing on the cake.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If Burnley win this, they will know that 2 more wins will see them up. For that reason we don't want a Burnley win.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm with Martin T on this, absolutely want Burnley to lose this and then hope that with us beating QPR the pressure really ratchets up on Burnley for their capitulation to PNE. That said I'm expecting a draw!

Whatever happens here one of our competitors drops points, so really I won't be upset either way as long as we beat Qupe!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Ignoring all the permutations on scores and points I think the draw would be the worse result for us in psychological terms as both team would see it as probably the expected result and be content. If one team loses they could (I emphasis could) take it hard and falter and at this stage all we need is a slight chink in either teams armor.

What ever happens elsewhere we have to win tonight to keep the pressure on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A BHA win and Burnley loss could also narrow the goal difference yet further, which could be worth a vital point come final day.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I would like Boro to take Burnley apart and leave them a shell shocked mess.

But it'll be a draw.

Completely agree. A Boro win is the only way we can be in the top two at the end of tonight, and Burnley having a tricky trip to Preston in three days' time is just another reason to hope they're off balance. Not sure I think Boro will be going all out for it though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It looks very much like a Burnley win - the worst result for us, but I care not - we'll still get the 4 wins we need to go up.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Like most, want Boro but predict draw.

And if recent events are anything to go by, we will all go nuts when Boro take a 0-1 lead in the 95th minute, only for Burnley to equalise in the 97th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here