Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silly Siri

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just how useful are Siri and other aps of it's ilk?

I always feel too self conscious to talk to my phone but sometimes, if you are pressing the phone, it will spring into life and start talking to you. It's happened to me on a bus before but today it had me in stitches.

Trying out some new trousers in a changing cubicle not built for a man of my stature, my own trousers were on the floor and my phone was in the pocket. It's not a pretty site me balancing and trying to get new trousers on and, whilst in a yoga stance I had the misfortune to let rip.

Thank God nobody was near but then this voice cut the silence with "Sorry, I didn't quite get that" Cracked me up, I nearly fell over in hysterics.

So, any other silly Siri moments?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I find Siri the most useless part of my iPhone .

And I mean really useless

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Just how useful are Siri and other aps of it's ilk?

I always feel too self conscious to talk to my phone but sometimes, if you are pressing the phone, it will spring into life and start talking to you. It's happened to me on a bus before but today it had me in stitches.

Trying out some new trousers in a changing cubicle not built for a man of my stature, my own trousers were on the floor and my phone was in the pocket. It's not a pretty site me balancing and trying to get new trousers on and, whilst in a yoga stance I had the misfortune to let rip.

Thank God nobody was near but then this voice cut the silence with "Sorry, I didn't quite get that" Cracked me up, I nearly fell over in hysterics.

So, any other silly Siri moments?

A while back I was sat in our local ar-thouse cinema watching a beamback of a play from the National Theatre in London. During a quiet moment we suddenly heard a beep from the row behind followed by Siri saying "I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you said". That cracked me up too.

It's a shame Richard Griffiths isn't still alive to see how he would have reacted to a high-tech heckle like that - he used to go bonkers if people's phones went off during live performances!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I find Siri's attempts at humour really quite nauseating, making me almost angry. I know it's daft, but Siri's smugness reminds me of Apple's tens of billions of cash held in offshore financial centres (which I have contributed to). Does this qualify as a funny Siri story??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here