Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for the QPR match

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Are Southern Rail going to provide sufficient capacity for fans travelling to the game or not?

For practical purposes it means after 7 o'clock for the 500 fans arriving by train on West Coastway.

I have my doubts whether they are capable (has the train management changed?) after the Friday fiasco. :angry:

Scheduled departures Brighton to Falmer (not the same as what really happens):

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/Brighton/FMR/190416/1845/dep

Good cycling weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637916

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Let's hope the P&R buses from Mill Road work better than Friday , actually for most night matches this season they have not been good compared to previous seasons , not sure what is going on but there is just not enough buses to the Amex . it's not bad going back though

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Hopefully if one good thing comes out of Friday's cock up, it's the fact supporters need to get to Brighton station as early as possible, even if it means sacrificing one pre match pint. Southern simply can't be trusted and without sounding too harsh, if you leave it until after 7pm to catch the Falmer connection then you are pushing it and putting all your faith in an incompetent train provider to get you to the ground in time for kick off.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Usually get bus to station then train to Falmer. Tomorrow will revert to the trusted P&R from Mithras house after Friday's fiasco. Will cost the club three lost sales of pints of beer which is a shame. Will make up for it on Saturday at London Bridge pubs.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Out of interest do lots of you take time off / leave work early or do you all finish at a time / work near enough to make it easy to get to the match on time?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Too Full to Enter

Hopefully if one good thing comes out of Friday's cock up, it's the fact supporters need to get to Brighton station as early as possible, even if it means sacrificing one pre match pint. Southern simply can't be trusted and without sounding too harsh, if you leave it until after 7pm to catch the Falmer connection then you are pushing it and putting all your faith in an incompetent train provider to get you to the ground in time for kick off.

It looked to me that there was someone different in charge at Southern Rail on Friday and that we can expect the same again.

I very much doubt if it will actually be possible to get all the fans on the earlier West Coastway trains from past experiences. i.e. it would not be possible for all the fans to arrive before 7:00 pm. The standing room isn't there on the trains.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If you arrive late at Brighton and the trains appear to be a shambles then the simplest solution is to take a bus in order to avoid missing the kick-off. The 25 bus stop at the Level is not far from the station (about 10 mins depending on how fast you walk) and takes approx. 20 mins to get to Falmer. There are some other buses you could possibly take as well, which are either not as reliable or do not get as close to the stadium. Not ideal but better than missing a portion of the game.

Last edited:

el punal

#prayforsouthern

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Out of interest do lots of you take time off / leave work early or do you all finish at a time / work near enough to make it easy to get to the match on time?
I can shift my working day forward half an hour, and leave 30 minutes earlier than usual, which makes a big difference.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seeing as the drivers and Southern management are at war then any kind of co-operation will be out of the window so things could be grim tomorrow
Arrgh. Need to know whether to take the car before I head for work.

Train + beer or car + no beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's hope the P&R buses from Mill Road work better than Friday , actually for most night matches this season they have not been good compared to previous seasons , not sure what is going on but there is just not enough buses to the Amex . it's not bad going back though

Cost cutting I guess.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
On the basis of this evening's London to Brighton cancellations (due to crew shortage according to website) I would certainly be monitoring things in advance of leaving tomorrow...

To an earlier question, as someone who works in London and ordinarily tries to catch the 5.40 from LB for a quick turnaround at Hove, I have taken the decision to WFH tomorrow. Cannot face the prospect of a repeat of Friday...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

D

Deleted User X18H

If you arrive late at Brighton and the trains appear to be a shambles then the simplest solution is to take a bus in order to avoid missing the kick-off. The 23/25 bus stop at the Level is not far from the station (about 10 mins depending on how fast you walk) and takes approx. 20 mins to get to Falmer. There are some other buses you could possibly take as well, which are either not as reliable or do not get as close to the stadium. Not ideal but better than missing a portion of the game.

The 23 don't stop at the Level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here